The Official Work Pictures Thread

That's a crazy knuckle boom! How many days to pay that rig off I wonder?

Had a big nor'Easter come through a few weeks ago, suddenly super busy. Here's some pictures of the most exciting one. Forgot start pics, both upper roofs were brush covered.
View attachment 96395

View attachment 96396
That tree was an accident waiting to happen, look at that inclusion. Mind if I nick that photo for a thing?

That's a crazy knuckle boom! How many days to pay that rig off I wonder?

Had a big nor'Easter come through a few weeks ago, suddenly super busy. Here's some pictures of the most exciting one. Forgot start pics, both upper roofs were brush covered.
View attachment 96395

View attachment 96396
Nicely done sir. I agree with Mick also. That tree was an accident waiting to happen. Norway maple?
Not my Kboom or my bosses. I hired him since my customer insisted on a crane. He hasn’t told me the exact cost of the machine but said I was scary close with my guess of 560k

Game-changers.

Forums were the mini-loader/ articulated loader/ grapple discussion spot.

Seems like Facebook is a Mek-discussion spot. One group was just for owners, IIRC. Like they have a secret...a major solution to the tree-industry labor situation.

It won't be long before drone-inspection and drone-assisted line setting will be Things. Would you use the multi-purpose drone that is already out, or a BigShot/ APTA from the truck? Won't be long.

That tree was an accident waiting to happen, look at that inclusion. Mind if I nick that photo for a thing?

I agree with you there. Great example of codominant tree risks. They folks bought that house a just week before!

You can use the photo for a thing.

IMG_20191028_170025360_HDR.jpg IMG_20191028_170018563_HDR.jpg

Working a root-disease property. Mush is some snags.
Soft wood in many.
High face-cuts for better hinges.

Climbed the one left of the cabin to take out a 30'ish dead top, which I had to climb into, in order to clear the live branches below, the cabin, house, propane tank.

Pruning tomorrow, for a diversion from rotten trees near roads and buildings.

New guy is doing really well, learning quickly, liking learning. Tweaked his knee in the brush and logs today (so many downed fir trees in the brush!), But probably/ hopefully a quick heal.

I'll try to get him up in a tree soon.

Yeah we have our share of aging Norway’s as well. That and sugars that were either never maintained or topped to hell. After Saturday I’ve been sold on this thing. I’m not buying one but I sure am gonna rent him whenever the job calls for it. Hard to tell from the pics but that would’ve been a two day removal for what the customer wanted and would’ve still had some damage to the flower beds. Eventually pieces have to hit the ground and you can only rig so low till you’re out of room. Did it half a day and never broke a sweat. I paid out a good bit and still was able to make good money.

I've run across many of those broken cables using that cheap crap. It IS a nice tree! Too bad we can't see all of it at once...

I bid it for 2 days... as a spectator.
Basically it's me and Mike (the climber) and 2 really green know it alls... so I step out and let them go for it... we did It in one day. 4k. And found a free chip dump...

A take-down I assume....A learning tree for them and a money-maker for you? Cool idea. Good money for that TD.

That seems shockingly expensive, but it's the big, expensive city.

How many man-hours on that job for three people competent workers, would your guess, if one climber and two greenies did it in one?

I suggest you teach that guy never to have the rope behind him, always neatly in front. Always good habits, so when the a storm comes, or people are 'off' because of sickness, tired, whatever, they can work with ingrained habits. Such an easy way to have things go wrong when its not such small limbs on an open lawn.

Yes... Sean. He knows it all...
repeat instruction required. You know.
I told you the price because I think it's shocking too.
1000 for disposal.
4 guys... 100/man hour... 8 hours.... 3200 + 1000 = 4200...

Gary... I love medium trees in a backyard.
It was the best place to teach some skis and let them buck up some wood.

The four of us did it in about 7 hours...
I think I could have had it down about 2 hours earlier... but different cat skinners skin differently. :) Hard for me to sit and watch so I just chased thr Green horns around barking all day... they love/hate it.

It's really challenging being a small corporation in a sea of sharks and trash.... try to make your numbers and retain good employees with benefits etc...
You know.

I heard SF just became number one on planet for ridiculous rents... I've been here for 20 years much before this MANIA... I'm just trying to hold my ground and dance the new dance....

Last edited:
[so I just chased thr Green horns around barking all day... they love/hate it.]

:lol: great visual there. Why don't you just go toget a whistle to make it complete.?

Back