The Official Work Pictures Thread

Thanks Jed, my biggest ash alive so far. These will be harder and harder to find. It is interesting that I might not see such big ash trees again in my lifetime.

20190904_121702.jpg

What kinda snake is was this. I was cutting the stump lower on a hollow cedar and that climbed out. I quickly deployed my axe. I hate snakes.

152AC58C-FC2C-46EF-A5D4-D4F32BA8D83E.jpg 19A6FF63-AAC9-49ED-99A6-256A6524CABE.jpg 8A7000E3-A78F-4A86-8332-E51FEF9749CA.jpg
Looks like a good crop of beech nuts this year. Had plenty of time for sight seeing since the ground crew was having issues this morning. Also a pic of the bosses worthless son acting like he did something. Notice he had no chaps on. The other guy I don’t bother with on making him wear them. He knows what he’s doing and in all honesty, they would’ve been more of a risk with everything he was dealing with today.

Pants tucked into boots? That's different.

Do you mind working with smokers?

A grab hook welded to the inside center top frame of the grapple bucket would be nice for pulling stuff like that and all kinds of stuff

Tucking your pants into your boots is the only way to go. Keeps critters from going up your pant legs, and I can walk in mud up to my knees, and not get any in my boots. Works better with thinner material pants. I wear BDU/ACUs pretty much 100% of the time, even off duty anymore. Cheap, reliable fit, and they use my favorite colors. Well, except for my Navy blueberries. I don't like those much, but they were cheap. I wear them in the winter cause the material's a bit heavier. Might be the last year for those. They're getting worn.

I tried that for a while... got tired of all the crap that would work its way down into my boots. The best for me was pants as long as possible, kinda sealing off everything at ankle level.

Truth! Way back when I was mowing lawns in high school the crew would rock gaiters, helped keep your socks from going green.

Just my daily stuff anymore Charles. I really don’t even bother with to many pics because it’s getting to be routine.
Cory, I don’t mind smokers for the most part. My dad still smokes like a chimney and was a 3 pack a day guy while I was growing up. The guy in the blue helmet can smoke while working but also has the decency to stay away or at least ask if it bothers anyone when in close proximity. As for the hook welded to the grapple, I know. If we would just use a crane like everyone else that bid on this contract would have, there would be no need for such nonsense.

Strange that your boss can afford you friggin' around instead of producing? His worthless son, sure, but I'm sure he's relying on you to do a lot of a lot of things. And then there is the safety factor.

Why won't he use a crane?

As for the hook welded to the grapple, I know. If we would just use a crane like everyone else that bid on this contract would have, there would be no need for such nonsense.

Frustrating!

Probably because the liability scares him. That and it seems a crane gets toppled once a week somewhere. There was one yesterday about an hour from me. The tree company is claiming a big gust of wind took the pick. I call it operator error. Wind means lower your pick size. Cut it to 50% or less. Common sense, or Safe Work Practices as it’s called, weren’t being used. Anyhow, back to the pit again today.

It was a Stihl chain. Broke right after starting yesterday. Made a few quick cuts and f#%€ me. Oh well. Lower it down and send another saw up. I’ve complained before to my dealer and they said they would show the reps and that’s about as far as I’ve gotten. Not a common occurrence but not my first either. That was off my 201tc and was the chain that came on it. It was only two weeks old. It also was not the PS3 I prefer to run.

Rich,

Was cruising back a few days and saw this and Sean's reply about the new(er) Stihl chains breaking. Did you by chance get it w/the Green low kickback chain that the dealers default to? I had the same thing happen on my 193T after doing a light hand sharpen/clean; was only on it's maybe 8th tank of fuel. I've noticed over the years on all my saws that come w/that cheesy homeowner safety chain that there are issues, especially in the smaller gauges (3/8P and .325). I've since replaced/only buy the Yellow dot, and have not had a single issue with them. IMO, dealers should be better trained to recognize their customer's usage and make sure they get the correct accessories for the work at hand.

I've never seen a treeco owner afraid of cranes before. The only fear I've seen is what the bill will be!!!

I ordered the newer oregon chain waiting for it to come in. As far as the stihl dealer here i dont bother with them there cocks and need there teeth punch in. 3.8 lp 10 inch bar for my echo 2511 with 043 gauge runs out nice with a muffler mod. Ill get a vid soon. I think that chain is a 90px with no kik back shit on it. And my big echo got 72 exl skip all that should be here sat hopefully. That chain replaces the lgx from what i been reading.

Anyone have a pro husky ther wanna sell?? 80cc or bigger

20190905_112500.jpg 20190905_112505.jpg
Ran over the older 2511 with my dingo. Had to buy a new one. It only needs a handle assy though so i think in going to port that one and put a wiesco in it then put it back into service.

We spent the last 2 days at Basnæs castle.
They had planted some 250 Linden as alleys and wanted some trees taken out next to them and the hunting cottage that they had just renovated, so people with too much money can use it.
They told us right off, that they didn't care about price, they wanted it done right.
So we pulled a bunch and rigged out a few, the rest we could safely fell.
Had a nice sea view for lunch, too:)

Of course we had a forwarder with us for clean up.

P1060984.JPG P1060989.JPG P1060992.JPG P1060993.JPG P1060995.JPG P1060998.JPG P1070003.JPG P1070004.JPG P1060990.JPG

Back