The Official Work Pictures Thread

Whoa ! Just looking at John Deere forwarders , saw a few used for a cool $250,000 - need a lot of work to feed that beast but if work is available once she’s paid off it’s smooth-sailing , I imagine maintaining that beast must factor in also

Whoa ! Just looking at John Deere forwarders , saw a few used for a cool $250,000 - need a lot of work to feed that beast but if work is available once she’s paid off it’s smooth-sailing , I imagine maintaining that beast must factor in also

Here there are loads of machines like that, logging contractors with endless iron. It would seem a real tough high stakes go. Almost like the mills and manufacturers are in bed together. Big payments that once you're done the machine will be at or near a point of unreliability or at an age where the mill won't want to hire it at a decent rate because of perceived unreliability or inefficiency compared to the latest and greatest. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of contractors making big big money but they are doing so off of large multi-million dollar fleets of iron. A single piece of iron like that you'd get buried here in no time. No market for a one piece contractor.

Cool job Stig. Always nice to hire in some iron when possible. 8)

Frankie, ya owe the bank a couple 100K and can’t pay it back ya got a problem. Ya owe the bank a couple mil and can’t pay it back the bank has a problem.

I think that a forwarder would be about the most efficent and quickest way to handle tree debris... I'm actually kinda shocked the mini ones haven't broken into the tree care industry yet... add a grapple saw or shear to break stuff down effortlessly and i would bet you could kill it.

The Echo is my go-to. All the way up the tree, and chunking logs until I was low on gas and 16" wood.

It will cut 16" slowly, but faster than pulling up a bigger saw. An ms460 cuts way faster, but way heavier.

Looking to get the 1/4" chain and bar.

I use 043 gauge narrow kerf. Thought about the quarter pitch chain, but its on my polesaw and a real mfer to sharpen. Lol

20190505_161801.jpg

20190501_090635.jpg

20190525_114834.jpg
My new to [ me] toy. The first job i used it on was this one few mnths ago 2014 dingo tx427 narrow track

I sux at posting pics. Y r they sideways

Attachments

• 20190501_090635.jpg
    20190501_090635.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 52
Thanks man how is everyone. I missed this place. Just sux on phone grrrrr, meow

Look forward to hearing from me fellas ill b posting a good amount on this thread

Slow progress on this ash. It will go to a sawmill for some flooring. Some signs of EAB but it is still strong. TIP is on an 8" vertical stem at 100-ish feet. It is almost a pleasure flying through it. ash1.jpg ash2.jpg

Looks like like a nice tip-tie and lift type of tree, if you had a competent duo. Pre-mini, I put the POW on my truck, backed away to lift, freed the rope on the POW for lowering.

Steady progress, or just slow?

Not the usual ground guy so I would say slow, safe and steady. I keep the pieces small enough in case they do not run. There is a pretty big tractor on site so we use it each time we need help with pulling.

Thanks man how is everyone. I missed this place. Just sux on phone grrrrr, meow

Look forward to hearing from me fellas ill b posting a good amount on this thread

Rad pics, man, thanks!

Patric: Dude!!! That's a big Ash. Yer freakin RAD!... Thanks for posting that.

Back