The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Thanks, good to be back. Gonna go have a look around, see what you've done with the place. It's still got that feeling of home.

Newbie greeting.....

Hello,
I'm a brand new member(I think, I haven't gotten any "official" notification yet). Putting up this first post to introduce myself. I'm married, one son(in college), full time machinist, and "part time" tree worker/cutter. Been taking down trees for about 15 years, started climbing up in 'em and taking them down 5 years ago. Love the work(tree work)and learning all I can about any/everything to do with it. We changed over to 100% wood heat 4 years ago, I love burning wood for heat. I make a little extra money with the tree work(remember, son in college), and I get pretty much all the firewood I need.
I found this sight looking for information on the Rope Tek Hitch Hiker. Got mine about a month ago. WOW!, what a difference!
I don't know anyone that does treework so I'm pretty much on my own as far as learning stuff. I hope to be able to learn more about all areas of tree work from everyone here.
Work safe. :thumbupold:

Welcome to the TreeHouse, my friend... make yourself at home. Gotta first name? Mine is Butch.

Glad to have ya! :beer:

Thanks for the welcomes,
my name is Randy. Born and raised in New Hampsha'. Looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone.

Hi Randy. Welcome. We're all pretty friendly. Lots to learn from folks here, and lots of folks here ready to share. JUMP right in. Post a picture, ask a question, tell a joke or story or a joking story or store up some jokes from people here.

Hi Randy. Welcome. We're all pretty friendly. Lots to learn from folks here, and lots of folks here ready to share. JUMP right in. Post a picture, ask a question, tell a joke or story or a joking story or store up some jokes from people here.

OK, here goes nothin'.....
Here's a short video of a Hemlock I took down for a co worker back in December, sure would like to have every take down go as good as this one did.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p9PNln9UYlg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Work safe. :thumbupold:

Welcome, Randy! Where in NH are you?

I work with someone who lives in Danville.

Lakeport area, next to Paugus Bay. Not right next to the lake, but I can see it from my upstairs window.
Is there a reason replies to this thread don't get sent to my Email? I admit, I'm no genius on the computer, probably something simple right?

I don't remember anyone named Theresa. :lol:

Good to see you back here, Theresa, it isn't like your name hasn't been brought up wondering how you are doing. I hope well.

Hi, Randy.

Name is Dave. Heard about this TreeHouse outfit from lurking over at the Buzz.
(The generic low friction "X" er Antal ring thread, to be more precise).
Been climbing since '87. Hopefully get it all figured out someday.
I also hang out at Arboristsite. More of a lover than a fighter, so I'm hoping to enjoy a relaxing time here.....

Hey Dave, my name is Butch. Relax and make yourself at home: this place isn't anything like those other two places.

Name is Dave. Heard about this TreeHouse outfit from lurking over at the Buzz.
(The generic low friction "X" er Antal ring thread, to be more precise).
Been climbing since '87. Hopefully get it all figured out someday.
I also hang out at Arboristsite. More of a lover than a fighter, so I'm hoping to enjoy a relaxing time here.....
Dude you will fit just fine this place is so much better than the other sites in the sense that we will support ideas and people, not just debate things to death with a deaf ear. Welcome I am Rajan.

Welcome to Dave & Randy!
And thanks for the welcome back, y'all....you too, Jay!

Thanks again for the friendly welcomes,
got a little surprise today at work. The co worker I did the Sap house Hemlock take down for handed me some pictures his wife took of me working, they're pics of pics so quality is a little off.....

IMG_7015 - Copy.jpg
IMG_7016 - Copy.jpg
IMG_7006 - Copy.jpg
IMG_7018 - Copy.jpg

By the way, any recommendations for videos of large trees being dropped next to/between "targets"(houses, fences, etc).
I'm constantly striving to improve my felling accuracy. Thanks. :hello2:

Back