The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

Sunday at noon?

That’s when all the Brazilians will be lighting the Barbecue.

Speaking of Brazilian barbecues, there is an awesome one in Oslo about 150m from where I get off the ferry. We have a Brazilian friend and his partner coming over at the beginning of December.

I should book a table.

I have posted about this guy before - The General.

It is nice to see he is getting some exposure outside of the Thai Boxing world.

A great little interview by the Mullighan Brothers.

Enjoy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah that was good, thx for posting.

He's a baby faced assassin. Scary dude in an even scarier sport.:drink:

Alex Pereira had an amazing KO tonite in his ufc debut, apparently he's also a former 2 division world champion Glory kick boxer. Impressive fight tonight

Last edited:
Similar video to the Jonathan Haggery interview.

This time one of the best the UK has produced in recent years. Liam Harrison.

Top level fighter with well over 100 fights to his name.

I'll listen, but meanwhile, what's with these MT or KB'g guys who look totally unscary just standing there, as in, it would be difficult to guess what they are world class at.

No idea mate but I would bet money it is because they are completely at ease with themselves and their own capabilities.

No need to give it the large as they have nothing to prove.

I must admit I did wonder if you would be able to understand Liam. He has a thick Leeds accent (Yorkshire). Anyway I hope you can fathom out what he is going on about as he is a character and has some great fight stories.

Crazy fight stories for sure, I listened 41 minutes.

what if the tkd was skilled?

It always boils down to the man....not the style. Someone with good basic physical skills, an understanding of distance, targets, timing, strategy...that is more important than the style in my world.

Putting half of your body out of the match because of rules doesn't work.
Skilled or not.

Here is a video that shows women can't fight for shit.

Put " the silent assassin" up against that second guy and let us see how long he lasts.
My guess is less than a minute.

I lost to a woman on the ground, once.
Rear naked choke.
I didn't want to tap out, wanted her to really earn it.
Eventually turned blue and had to give in.
Mistake!
My chiropractor said my neck vertebrae looked like someone tossed them in with a coal shovel ( Direct quote)

Last edited:
Women can definitely fight...I got knocked the F out by a girl once. Specifically, I ducked a hook, right into her rising knee. I had an immediate dream about the Pillsbury doughboy. I came to with 3 or 4 folks staring down at me. When I told them I had just seen the Pillsbury doughboy they lost it. This is basically what my KO dream was :D

Pillsbury doughboy.png

On the topic of freaking gnarsty female fighters, Amanda Nunez is the ufc GOAT, her KOs of Cyborg, who is also an animal, and Rhonda who the world loves to hate, are amazing.

Last edited:
That video pretty much illustrates why I don't like MMA.
The tattoos, the general total ugliness, the total lack of respect for opponents.

What happened to politely bowing to someone, before you knock the shit out of them, and showing a little respect afterwards?

Gues I'm a martial arts dinosaur as well as a logging one.

Stig, fwiw, I'd say probably 90% of ufc fighters show good or great sportsmanship once the fight ends, imo.

And in main event fights, the fighters meet in center of cage to receive ref's instructions, I'd guess 95% of fighters do a respectful glove touch.

Once in a while of course, fighters will heavily diss each other in the fight build up and prefight but even in those cases, they almost always show respect and give props to the opponent once fight ends.

Haakon has been getting into BJJ, training at a club just up the road for about 6+ months. He started here as the restrictions in our Kommune were slightly different to Oslo. Frontline Muaythai and Roger Gracie Academy are in Oslo.

So we were at Thai boxing last week and got talking to professor Paulo. Genuine 4th dan Gracie Black belt. He invited Haakon down to train as he has a BJJ Tournament in a couple of weeks. What a difference, wow.

The knowledge is unbelievable. We looked him up on Instagram and found many good clips.

When I train BJJ I train at RGA, I haven’t for a while now due to injury. But just watching made me want to get back on the mat ASAP. Paulo’s teaching style is so calm.

I though some members would enjoy this little clip.

His flow is so smooth.

@SouthSoundTree , you'd be good at BJJ, it can favor folks who have a technical, methodical, thoughtful outlook:thumbup:

Fun clip with Rogan and Dana talking about boxers, especially Tyson

If be interested, but can't risk an injury.

I trained aikido in my first year in college, but when i slid down off my top bunk bed early one Sophmore morning, i pulled muscles in my back and missed the start of the year. Didn't get back to it. Too busy taking too many classes.

I mentioned " The silent assassin" in an earlier post.
This really shows how good she is.
Plays at ground fighting like it was a chess game.
That kid is 18 years old, I'd be lucky to last 18 seconds against her, and if, it would only be because of weight difference.

I love watching her fight.
Quiet, respectful and deadly.

Back