The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes exactly, that's where I first learned about Leopard seals, via Shackleton's ordeal

I've always felt my teenage exposure to Judo for a few years was instrumental in subduing my opponents in real life without any real visible wounds to to my opponent, in other words the sleeper hold, with or without the opponent's primary arm.

Night night........

Jomo

Interesting article re Gokhan Saki, who is apparently a top of the food chain kick boxer, he wanted to transition to MMA/UFC but it just didn't work out, despite his being world class in kickboxing. Fascinating what the body can and can't tolerate after it gets used to one kind of thing.

Good stuff Corey.

Sometimes we don’t realise how sweet we have it compared to others.

Have you heard Nganou’s story? Very similar but they actually had to row themselves from Africa into Spanish waters.

I know Nganou used to work as more or less slave labor in sand pits, didn't know about the rowing!

Btw the Glover card is stacked, hard to believe its basically free, not ppv.

I see Gokan had a nice finish in his return fight. Gotta love a finish via kicks to the legs. :wall:

I know Nganou used to work as more or less slave labor in sand pits, didn't know about the rowing!

Btw the Glover card is stacked, hard to believe its basically free, not ppv.

There is a bit about it in here, butI think it was the Joe Rogan podcast or Hotboxing with Mike Tyson where he describes it in more detail.

They pay people smugglers to get out of Morocco yet they are given a dinghy, oars and a burner phone. They have to battle the tides and weather but also wait for cover so they can be spotted by coast guards. Once in Spanish waters they use the burner and call the Spanish Coast Guard. Their reward for all this is imprisonment for illegally entering the country.

I think he tried a few times before actually managing to make it. That was after he walked from Cameroon and then over the Sahara desert. Spent a year in Morocco trying to get to Spain. Eating trash and living rough.

Last edited:
Speaking of leg kick stoppages. One of the best Nak Muay to come from the UK is Liam Harrison.

He fought Andrei Kubelin who is a multiple time champ and superstar. I don’t think anyone had Liam to win and he mutilated the Belarusian.

Not sure if I have posted this before. I was looking through some of the old YouTube uploads.

This was a seminar with Dave Leduc, Lethwei Open Weight world Champion. Towards the end we did a little bit of clinch and he went to town on my head like a wood pecker LOL.

Was great fun and a super nice bloke.

Must be amazing to lock up with a world champ and feel his power and technique.

Good vids!

Pat Barry made a big splash in the ufc for awhile, here's a vid re his climb up there

Not sure if I have posted this before. I was looking through some of the old YouTube uploads.

This was a seminar with Dave Leduc, Lethwei Open Weight world Champion. Towards the end we did a little bit of clinch and he went to town on my head like a wood pecker LOL.

Was great fun and a super nice bloke.

Just realised I posted this a couple of years ago. Whoops.

It was well worth another watch, no biggie.

I met Nicolas Pettas years ago, when we were both doing Koykushin karate.
He had really hard low kicks.

Last edited:
That was crazy.

Rich, didja watch the Pat Barry leg kicks?

He's the finance of Rose Namajunas who is ufc 115# champ.

He had a nice run but was on the wrong end of one of the greatest comebacks in ufc history

Cool beanz!

Did you see the Dagestani sleep Li?

I have watched a few of his last fights and he is a beast, love the way he just says to Dana. I am here and ready give me a fight in any weight class next week. I want to fight.

Yes I saw it all.

Glover's win was excellent and almost a tear jerker because everybody loves him and was pulling for him, but Khamzat (aka Hazmat, lol) is an absolute monster and is generating massive interest. Somebody will eventually be able to give him a good fight but nobody has come close to it yet. I hope they give him another fight asap. He's calling out everybody, every huge name, he wants it all.

I hear Danbury CT is going to give Glover a parade for their local hero, I should go! And it will be in @Patrick A 's home town!

If it is Saturday, I'm there;):thumbup:

I bet it will be saturday. I could'nt find anything online about it but they aint gonna throw a parade mid day, mid week and expect that town full of hard working Brazilians to be there. Heck, speaking of hardworking Brazilians, Saturday probably wouldn't be good either. Lets go with sunday at noon

Back