The Official Random Video Thread!

Might be handy on a bid, or around a campfire, or breaking down boxes. . .field dressing an animal, maybe personal defense, maybe not.
Rat in a bbq ? less panel damage than a .410 :)

edited to add.

Love the videos too, appreciate the time and effort you put into them.
Just had 5 1/2 days without a working phone line or internet, so have some catching up to do. :)

Last edited:

I'm one third through this video and and I know fuckall about engines, and it's astonishing the history of this engine and the amount of effort that was put in to preserve it from the WWII scrapyard. I love how this guy says he wishes this system were fully hand stoked and free from any electrical systems as if he were born in the 1800's. He says how, way back when, they could run these systems even if the electrical grid ran into trouble.

He looks delightfully super eccentric and, as someone who grew up in the oldest home in Hingham, MA (1650...yes, you read that right...I grew up in a home that was build in 1650), I can fully appreciate what is going on here and the amount of bureaucratic bullshit it takes to preserve something historical.

Last edited:

This place? Surprisingly cheap Imo.
Wrong house, friend. Good effort, though. I applaud you for giving a f*ck.

Edward Wilder (respected clock maker) house is what you want.

Last edited:
The Benjamin Lincoln house is not actually older than my old house and it is (potentially) mistakenly listed as being built in 1650. The Hingham Historical Society would disagree as well as basic factual information.

I own a receipt signed by Benjamin Lincoln for an order on the docks (shipping slip). I own other interesting artifacts as well, such as Benjamin Franklin's signature. I own colonial pottery painted with lead paint. My first name is Benjamin, so you can see why I was into these patriots.

Notice how my old home points perpendicular to the road. That's because the Main Street adjacent to it was merely a native American trading path when it was built. It also has FIVE fireplaces. Three on the main floor and two on the second floor. It was renovated several times and the addition on the left didn't occur until the 1960's. It has a large guest house adjacent to it with a workshop attached, a second flood bedroom with huge bay windows that has a spiral staircase in it. Not antique, though.

Last edited:
Benjamin Lincoln wasn't even born until 1733, Built in 1650? Talk about a discrepancy.

"He followed his military career with public service at the state and federal level. Lincoln was born on January 24, 1733 in Hingham, Massachusetts. He attended local schools and then established his own farm. Elected town clerk in 1757, he gradually became prominent in the colony's militia and politics."

He's a true patriot, though.

Last edited:
Main Street (the street my former house is on) in Hingham, MA was once called "the most beautiful street in America" by Eleanor Roosevelt.

Last edited:
Sorry for all of the posts. I'm impulsive and disorganized, so i thought it would make sense to apologize with yet another post.

If you read this earlier, re-read it. I added a ton of new info.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: It's possible the Benjamin Lincoln home was built in the same year as my house (1650), but wasn't inhabited by Lincoln until the late 1700's. Either way, I know that my house is older, even if by a few months. I can't explain exactly why I know this right now, but I can and will provide evidence after I consult my mother, the historical commissioner for the town of Hingham, about this matter. I used to know why our house is older off the top of my head, but I did a lot of drugs. Just trust that I wouldn't lie about something so trivial on a tree website, where 99% of people don't give a f*ck.

Back