The Official Random Video Thread!

I'm just seeing all these renovations for the first time and I want to throw up and cry. These new owners destroyed the authenticity of the home. They removed original plaster made using horse hair to expose the beams and painted over original wood. I'm livid. What a f*cking disaster. Wait til my parents find out. Sorry, I'm in rare form. Thank you, @Mick! For alerting me (whether you meant to or not)

Sorry everyone. I got a little excited.

Last edited:
It kind of pisses me off when people buy historic houses then modernize and shit them up with incorrect modifications. Want a new house? Buy a new house. It'll be easier for everyone.

Aside from that, whoever installed that hideous chandelier should be kicked in the balls til they see the error of their ways. That whole thing is a waste of resources. They took neutral glass, and spent effort into making it look stupid. Beer bottles would have been a better use :^S

Ok, I looked at more pics. The white! My god the white!! Come home after working outside all day to seared retinas.

It kind of pisses me off when people buy historic houses then modernize and shit them up with incorrect modifications. Want a new house? Buy a new house. It'll be easier for everyone.

Aside from that, whoever installed that hideous chandelier should be kicked in the balls til they see the error of their ways. That whole thing is a waste of resources. They took neutral glass, and spent effort into making it look stupid. Beer bottles would have been a better use :^S

Ok, I looked at more pics. The white! My god the white!! Come home after working outside all day to seared retinas.
Yeah, it's pretty egregious what they've done to that home. Those pictures only showcase a small fraction of the entire home, so I'm terrified to learn what other crimes against antiquity they have committed. I'm calling my parents today and suggesting they ask for a tour of the home and pretend to be prospective buyers. They very well may have committed actual crimes, which my mother would be heavily equipped to readily identify.

A lesson on using the edit feature in 3...2...1...
It's been three hours and I still haven't received your lesson. Maybe you should edit your post to include it.

All jokes aside, there is actaully psychology behind my decision not to condense everything into one post. By fracturing and fragmenting my excited tangent, versus posting a single wall of lengthy text, I have increased the odds of someone reading what I wrote by a statistically significant amount. Yes, it's probably a bit annoying to see so many short posts, and I apologize for that.

Yeah, it's pretty egregious what they've done to that home. Those pictures only showcase a small fraction of the entire home, so I'm terrified to learn what other crimes against antiquity they have committed. I'm calling my parents today and suggesting they ask for a tour of the home and pretend to be prospective buyers. They very well may have committed actual crimes, which my mother would be heavily equipped to readily identify.

It's been three hours and I still haven't received your lesson. Maybe you should edit your post to include it.

All jokes aside, there is actaully psychology behind my decision not to condense everything into one post. By fracturing and fragmenting my excited tangent, versus posting a single wall of lengthy text, I have increased the odds of someone reading what I wrote by a statistically significant amount. Yes, it's probably a bit annoying to see so many short posts, and I apologize for that.
I understand that argument. You can mention in the edited post that you have edited it in a way that is noticeable. Sometimes I let the several posts sit a while, then combine and delete to keep a thread cleaner.

I posted this in the wrong place originally...

These are actually pretty handy if you can't immediately isolate or reach the limb you want.

Also smart discussion about handling wasps on a job.

EDIT: Those limbs look on the cusp of life supporting haha

I posted this in the wrong place originally...

Watch this. Do it. You won't. Johnny Harris is one of my favorite journalists. If you want to binge watch YouTube content that is investigative, balanced and fair, check out the rest of his videos too.

Turns out Somali pirates have their own stock exchange, where investors (locals) could bet on which pirates they thought would do the best, with actual payouts.

@Maximalist Second one isn't playing for me. Might be a problem on my end because @lxskllr was able to see it. I just booted my computer up and refreshed this tab several times, tried skipping to a position, but no dice. It appears to load and then video module is blank white like it couldn't reach the other end of the connection.

@Maximalist Second one isn't playing for me. Might be a problem on my end because @lxskllr was able to see it. I just booted my computer up and refreshed this tab several times, tried skipping to a position, but no dice. It appears to load and then video module is blank white like it couldn't reach the other end of the connection.
Now I have uploaded this video in a different way. Is it visible now?

Back