The Official Random Video Thread!

A good joke is to tell someone that you have seen something on YouTube right before you do it. The more technical and dangerous something is, the better. I even once told a pipeline inspector that right as we lit up a hot tie in, the guys laughed so hard it became a running joke. That good old boy had obviously done that before, and is in the video from YouTube of all places.
Sometimes, I do similarly with new customers as I approach to fell a tree near their house.
"The guys on YouTube say that I should...".

Independent of that, sometimes, without thinking, I suppose, as I'm eyeing it up, I'll hear, "Not on the house!".

I look up. Little head shake and ask, deadpan, "Wait, on the house, or not on the house?", and then crack a smile.
"Not on the house."
They usually chuckle a bit.
"OK. I was a bit confused for a minute there. :) ".

Last edited:
Is Frozen any good? That turned up in another article I read tonight on the Sami. Apparently, Disney got some shit over depictions in Frozen I, so they consulted with Sami and others I guess for Frozen II. Never seen the movies.

A bunch of students from the logging school here went moonlighting on a job.
Had to fell a tree, that they figured could be pulled over by hand.
The pull rope had to go over an apple tree.
So the puller takes some good wraps around his hand.
The person felling the tree cuts the hinge too thin or non-existent, being a student and the tree goes backwards.
Poor puller ends up hanging from a dislocated shoulder in the apple tree.

They said the whole city of Helsingør could hear him screaming.

Last edited:
Back