The Official Random Video Thread!

The exposure as those guys climb up is madness.

Agreed.

We took the cogwheel train up the Nord Wand, stopped and got out and looked out the windows that are 1/2 way up the face...the exposure was mind blowing to me. And that is only half way up. Smh!

I posted this awhile back, so for anyone who missed it or those who want to see again a working guy who is ridiculously skilled and hard core ( and possesses a hella knife)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fOuBWI3odV8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Maybe those aren't stinging insects up there.

He climbs like oil flowing.

I wondered that, but they sure look like they could be.

Seems like they would be unless there are no bees/wasps in that land. With a palm bleeding sweet elixir I'd just expect that every and any make of insect would be feeding like crazy including bees, wasps, hornets, flies you name it.

Yah. I'm not one of those guys but I've seen it too when the beekeeper comes to the hives on my place. Bees know I'm scared of them, so they pick on me. I can't zen out, I'm a swatter.

When I used to keep bees, I eventually got to the point where I could check the hives without protective clothing.
Taking out the honey combs is another story, though.

I watched that last time. And again now. I'm amazed he doesn't get stung all to hell up the palm?

When the palms are flowering here, they're covered with thousands of swarming bees. I've never been stung while trimming them. I think they're honey bees.

I can't zen out, I'm a swatter.

A parable:

An old time Japanese general with army invades town, all flee except a zen master. General screams at him while reaching for sword- You fool, don't you realize you are standing before a man who could run you through without blinking an eye!? The master seemed unmoved and calmly replied, And do you realize you are standing before a man who can be run through without blinking an eye?

It's a great story but sucks to get run through. Maybe the zen master was also a shaolin priest.

ahPB54a.png

That was a cool show. I enjoyed it.

I think it's more zen to be in touch with who you are and not be constantly endeavouring to be someone other than yourself. So in light of that, I swat on.

Yes...one of the best MA guys out there...he shows a very high level of skill: (you keep swatting, bronski)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GoCI8vRX4jk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When it comes to fighting I'm much more bulldozer than any sort of martial arts. So I'm cool with continuing to swat.

I admire people who have the discipline to train and refine themselves. I just admire then from afar, not closeup or involved in any way. :D

Who has that Mike Tyson quote in their sig? What is it? Everyone has a plan, until they're punched in the face. Or something to that effect. :big-squish:

Yep...done that. I was a really good MA fellow (green belt...hahaha) first time I got in the ring with a very good kickboxer. Stuff that looks good in your head is....in your head.

Mike taught me a lot that day. I only got knocked around...my buddy green belt got KO'd. I changed the way I viewed folks after that.

I changed the way I viewed folks after that.

I can imagine, but would you care to elaborate?

Hundred Eyes- looks cool. I never heard of it! Though I'm not crazy about the Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon type stunts which are 100% impossible in real life. Give me something with minor embellishments, not straight up fantasy. The original Kung Fu was epic. Though the series seems quite dated today, the philosophy shown still holds up beautifully imo.

True. I've always gone for getting my hands on a foe and choke them out. It's my go to. But if I feel a fight is imminent(which to clarify hasn't happened in a long time). My other go to is to strike first. But moreso I prefer the choke, hitting someone hurts your hands, choking someone renders them unconscious without much damage to oneself.

I had a good friend who was quite a small guy and he taught me the strike first philosophy. He knocked the sh-t out of many guys much stronger than himself just by swinging first.

Back