The Garden Thread

I know someone who raided a melon patch with one of Uncle Sam's helicopters once. Kind of an original tactic.:lol:

Well now in my wayward youth I raided a few also . Not a grand plan BTW because in those days one might get a load of rock salt via a 12 gauge for your efforts .I haven't but knew those that did ,ouch .

For fun we have 8 gourd plants. Putting up fencing for them to hang on in the next week. Plans are to shape them and paint them, making rattles and more crazy things. Life is good in the woods.

ENJOY what you grow.

I don't know jack about raising vegetables, but I did something right. Almost all the plants are super healthy looking and really pumping. I've had a few farmers come around and say, "What the ....." It's pretty cool. Beginner's luck perhaps. :)

Attachments

• pima.jpg
    pima.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 3
Looks good Jay .I didn't plant any green peppers this year because they give my wife indigestion .Odd though she has no problem with banana peppers which are doing nicely as well as the cucumbers I sprouted from seeds .

Deer got into the string bean plants over the weekend...I have one pizzed off wife :). She reponded by building field fencing wire cages over the whole row...how we're to pick them, I'm not sure, but not a question I wish to ask right now :D.

And then when the swelling goes down, he can take the fencing off. He'll still have the one good eye, after all. :lol:

Maybe because you put pretty pink ribbons on your veggies:D

I'm just their servant, really. They want pink, I put on pink. I do feel like they are talking to me. It is hard to explain, and it might be hard to understand even if I did. I just wish that they would stop trying to grope me when I walk down the rows, it's like sexual harassment. Might want to cut back on the fish emulsion.....

I haven't ever heard of anyone getting it on with plants, but I suppose it's possible. It is a free society, and in the privacy of your own garden......

Lettuces are about done. Turnips, garlic, onions, zucchini, summer squash, rutabagas are coming in. Green beans about 2# every couple days.
Rob did himself proud this year. Organics galore. He is about 1.5-2 foot deep in places. He has had people stop by to learn what he is doing. The weird weather we have had this year is wreaking havoc on most peoples plots. Still don't have tomatoes yet. Peppers are just starting up.
We have probably eaten approximately 20-25 lbs of lettuces so far this year alone.

Attachments

• IMG_0857ed.jpg
    IMG_0857ed.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0864ed.jpg
    IMG_0864ed.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0859ed.jpg
    IMG_0859ed.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0860ed.jpg
    IMG_0860ed.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
I have some more... but my uploading SUX with a 1/2 life tonight. My ISP has been less than desirable for the last couple weeks:X Oh well... you get the idea.

It's more than that here Willie. Even my other stuff is slow and it has been like this since they rebooted the system at the ISP. They had a major power spike. They may have even turned my unwanted firewall back on. I need to call them and figure out what is up this time.
I personally think the guy on the stationary bicycle got tired of generating as much power for the grid...

Love your artichokes, Stephen.

We can't grow those here, too cold.

And it just happens to be one of my favourite veggies.

Back