The Crushing Of The Blaster

Man, I hear you. I'm sick of TV and computers!

NEVER thought I would hear you say that.

I beleive in good physical therapy, want to come mow my lawn? I think I need a goat by now.

Glad to hear things are moving forward.

Good decision to hold back till your sure. You could try ascenders instead of spurs, easy on the foot probably.

Butch, can you mow my lawn for me, too ? :P
Way to go on the progress. I'm starting to feel the relief from "is it over yet ?" anxiety, though I know there's a ways to go for you yet.
Keep it up, my-main-man !!!

butch--you say by the last pic it aint swollen much... mmnnnnnn---take care of it---cause its your livelyhood---i bruised the side of my foot 8 months ago--and it still bothers on the side---dang!!!!!!!!!

It's ok, Butch.....once you get as old as we are EVERYTHING hurts a little, it'll just blend in. Good to hear you're doing so well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's weird, the skin on my foot is all shiny like there's a layer of Saran Wrap on it. :what:

didnt mean couldnt work--just a irritation--wish would go away---youll do well--cause you aint lazy---

I'm positive I have a few bones in my body that have "lazy" written on them, somewhere.

Things will never be the same, I fear.

No,sorry to say but you are right about that.Still, in all you can adjust.Don't do like old Tom my little wee buddy.When he busted his leg all up,maybe 10 or twelve years ago ,he wacked the cast off below the knee and hooked a tree any way.He is paying the price now.Be smart about this now.

How's the swelling, Butch? When you get tired of having to wear two different shoe sizes, you might put a concerted effort into the alternating heat/ cold for a few hours per day for a few days. Keep doing it until it works.
:thumbup:

Hope it's feeling better. :)

I've been doing that for weeks, Brian. I think my foot is as unswollen as it's ever gonna be.

I smashed my pinkie between two engine blocks,some years ago.After it healed or so I thought it remained larger than my "power" finger for about two years.Would you believe it shrunk back to the size of a normal pinky.

My thinking is that the poor old smashed foot will in time become it's normal size again but it isn't going to happen fast.

Well in that case we'll just have to see to it that you get two pairs of boots, so you can have one boot that fits each foot. :)

Did you get your right or left foot? And how about Jerry? What size boots do you guys wear? I know it's a long shot but I figured I'd ask.

Hey if it's only one foot, then you can just grab the sidewalk display boot off of the shelf and run away with it! :)

A customer of mine has spent the last year inventing a machine that could speed your healing, Butch.
http://www.bpmtherapy.com/BPM_theory.pdf
Ed Phillips is a genius. The travel would / could be pricey, but the lodging & transport would be free ( a la TreeChick )... A genuine & heartfelt offer. Consider it.
Meals ? Well, that's different. I'll help you find a breakfast buffet or sammich, lunch izz all you, dinner we can talk about.
The swelling need not be a permanent thing, especially if it's accompanied by numbness / weakness / pain.
...Oh, yeah... and I've already been a beeyotch about PT, custom made boots, & inserts.

Well, here it is almost scabless. I can see now why they stuck around so long! I had to grow a lotta skin on that one part. It still hasn't recovered full ROM, I'm thinking that's gonna take awhile.

Ya'll be careful out there!

From the looks of what happened,it could have been a whole lot worse..I broke my foot two years ago while racing,and it still gives me trouble....I now have to do all the climbing without spikes,and when I do use spikes I have to use a heavy duty steel shank boot,and I cannot even think about climbing without footplates.

It's not really tender, or hurting. The top/side is still numb and I can barely move my toes. I guess the nerve/tendons are still healing cuz I still get those weird electrical tingleing feelings.
Wearing spurs doesn't seem to hurt much.

"This is not going to be over soon, and you WILL NOT enjoy it." from "300"

Back