Super Crazy Brush Drag

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Up in the Hollywood hills, things get pretty crazy. Here's an extreme example. We have a few trees to do. Some removals, some pruning, and a palm tree up here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443018864.586177.jpg

To get the crew mentally ready for this insanity, I made a video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qUQ5nT3uPdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone care to join us?!

love
nick

Elevator squeaks and whooshes?? Towers??:lol:

You are definitely in La-La Land.

Are you removing brush, trunk logs et al? A $1000 tree removal will incur a $2000 haul off fee...at least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A $1000 tree removal will incur a $2000 haul off fee...at least.

Exactly!! In a "normal" yard this whole job is a half day, tops, for 3 or maybe 4 guys.

We plan on knocking it out in 1 day. Probably 5 guys. One guy won't be that effective because he'll have to stay at the truck. The locals get feisty if you get in their way!

Clients are keeping SOME firewood, but I think there's more wood in the tree than we can fit in the available space, so a lot will be hauled out.

There is some zipline potential. Doubtful though.

love
nick

The client should be punished severely on the price.
I'd do it if I could be the driver move the truck from time to time otherwise I quit as well!
There's going to be a lot of waiting for the elevator.

your best bet and you probably already going to do it would be put all brush in some type of bag/tarp/containers so you dont have to clean up after, all the way down to truck.....

Chainsaw chip it on a tarp but first cut off all heavier limb wood.
Keep flipping and rolling and pwrsawing the brush till well condensed
Finally roll it and lash it up to tight doob
Now smoke it. :!

Nick, I'm curious, is that elevator just for the one white painted residence in the photo, or for more than one home? Quite a mishmash, it sure is some incongruous looking architecture adjoining the white structure.

....I bet with enough rigging a scheme using gravity and friction could be .... Say what is the straight line distance from a good tie in High point to truck ??

Here's a thought...

Goodbye-Goodyear-blimp_3.jpg

:/:

Back