Steel Toe VS Composite Toe

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
This is kinda interesting. It shows the difference between the two, and it appears the steel toe is the winner.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pequmgt21Lw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pequmgt21Lw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i thought composit (and steel) toe were designed for crush protection, not cut protection. i just wear leather and try to not dog into my feet :D

they arent designed for cut protection if I remember right, I have huskevarnna boots with the chainsaw stuff in'em. worn them once, usually I have steel toe, and low ones at that, just like ankle high hikers.

Don't mess with Paul's Power Ranger boots.

Hey Paul any word on getting me the Pink Ranger's phone number?

Cool. I like my steel toe Redwings, though they are awfully heavy.

Darin, I dont have it but I could call the WCB guy and probably get it!
I didnt even show you fellas the spikey metal things that go in the soles for superstar traction!

Don't be dissin' those Husky boots, now. They are real popular with my thinning crews, and they are a real good product. Caulk soles, waterproof, chainsaw cut resistant, and relatively affordable if memory serves me right. They are not considered gay out here in the PNW a'tall.

Darin, I dont have it but I could call the WCB guy and probably get it!
I didnt even show you fellas the spikey metal things that go in the soles for superstar traction!

Don't be dissin'n those Husky boots, now. They are real popular with my thinning crews, and they are a real good product. Caulk soles, waterproof, chainsaw cut resistant, and relatively affordable if memory serves me right. They are not considered gay out here in the PNW a'tall.

However Burnham... it appears our PNW bretheren to the North speak a different language... :lol: :lol:

Gary

Gary, I was hesitant to use the term caulk so closely following MB's post regarding sexuality. ;)

A steel toe would have saved me a lot of grief.

Do you really think so, Jerry? I've heard of a least a couple of stories where the load on a steel toe boot was sufficient to compress it into the poor sucker's foot, ending up with the same sort of damage you experienced, only right then and there, i.e. amputation of toes.

Not for me to question, you'd know better than anyone.

I did a lot of research and web surfin to find case scenarios on work place injuries to the feet. There's a lot out there to compare to. A couple cases were identical to mine. Workers undoing load binders and the operator setting the outriggers down. Ouch!

I never found a case where a worker was incidently injuried as a result of steel toe boots. Just the opposite actually.

Myth Busters did a segment about steel toe boots and they, the boots, held up to everything that was dished out.

before the accident I was under the impression that a crush injury could be worsened by wearing steel toes, but now I see it differently.

Yah this is interesting info, I too have always labored under the mis-impression that steel toes would/could be worse in a severe crushing injury. But I've always wondered about that too. I hate to admit it but I rarely used safety-toes while in the bush, just for the weight. I like my all leather Vib's with no safety toe. I know bad, bad, bad.:(

Yah this is interesting info, I too have always labored under the mis-impression that steel toes would/could be worse in a severe crushing injury. But I've always wondered about that too. I hate to admit it but I rarely used safety-toes while in the bush, just for the weight. I like my all leather Vib's with no safety toe. I know bad, bad, bad.:(

I don't think so, Squish. No way would I wear steel toes in the bush (we call it the brush down here :) ). Heavy, cold...not me, thanks.

BTW, can you even get steel toe corks?

Back