Standing Up A Limb/part II

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I noticed on another "tree forum" I'm getting bashed for posting these pics a while back. There's a fat 'lil wannabe climber there that has a problem with my lack of a pie cut and since he can't see it, he also lambastes me for not having a second tie in.

Well, I did have a second tie in and I used no backcut because I wanted to stand the limb straight up before releasing it. I don't blame the boy for thinking like he does cuz all he does is palm trees. ;)

Anyhow, I just like the pics.

Attachments

• trees 015_edited.jpg
    trees 015_edited.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 23
  • trees 017 (Large).jpg
    trees 017 (Large).jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 25
  • trees 018 (Large).jpg
    trees 018 (Large).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 25
  • trees 019 (Large).jpg
    trees 019 (Large).jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 23
  • trees 021 (Large).jpg
    trees 021 (Large).jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 27
  • trees 022 (Large).jpg
    trees 022 (Large).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 21
Those are cool photos. I've never done any crane work before, but I would assume you'd need a smooth operator (ha!) to do that sort of thing.

As far as criticism goes, I'm just happy to see that you're wearing your head protection.

Attachments

• Foam.jpg
    Foam.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 194
hey butch, is your second tie in on that stub your holding onto in the end? I thought i saw a rope around it in the first pics.

I don't ALWAYS t.i.t. In those photos I would feel 100% safe just using the climbing line.

I normally use a notch for standing limbs up, but I don't have to and on small angle change like that, I wouldn't worry about it.

With an asymetrical load that is trying to twist the pic off the stub I'd find it more important.

I stand limbs up like that all the time and I hardly ever use a notch. On the rare occassion that I do notch it, the crane guy usually gives me a hard time for taking so long to make the cut.

, the crane guy usually gives me a hard time for taking so long to make the cut.

how about when you ask them if they want a snap cut or a straight to the boom cut and they yell at you to.....

"JUST CUT THE FUCKN THING"!!!

thanks pal. lol

solid cut on that crane pick and pics from that crane job MB. good stuff.

Back