Splicing a ring mid line

NorthWoodsDiver

TreeHouser
I'm trying to splice a hollow braided poly line to a float, then rings spliced on every 10ft and a stainless clip on the other end for a SCUBA dive next Wednesday. The Stainless rings are 2" diameter and the carabiner clip has a captive eye. I've never spliced something mid line like that. After an hour of looking like an idiot, splicing hollow braid is about the simplest thing, I figured I would ask for help since google wasn't turning anything up.

Ideas?

Grendel's idea is the easiest,just girth hitch them on.

If you want splices you might think about making cringles for each ring, uses up less rope.

Double fisherman the rings with some hitch cord and then prussic them to the host line. Not ideal, but it would be adjustable.

acccab0358ad80d9c57d7fe304d63044.jpg

2afa07bd947eee8eb60a2b75f9920e38.jpg

c378e3e0f280d46ce4668f7d5e4fa35e.jpg

The application would tell me if I'd use straight buries or locked brummels.

The spacing of the ring would tell me if would just have one piece of rope running down inside the whole length, or have lots of little pieces spliced into the main piece.

love
nick

Nick, my mind is blown. How did you do that? Are there two lines in the spliced section and the inside one tapers out? Would it be better to have the ring somewhere in the middle, with a brummel above/below?

Awesome.

Back