spiderlift

• Thread starter TreeDr
  • Start date
  • Replies 608
  • Views 42K
The real advantage with lifts is that you can use less trained labor. So the lift costs more but suddenly labor is more available and cheaper.

I used a lot of Tuepen products in the EU. Some good, some bad. All rentals. They eat turf. Get the remote, you don't want to drive it from the bucket.

Wow Spider Lifts to womans cup size's, hmmmmmm where's the connection.
Maybe Carl in a Spider Lift with different ladies measuring there cup size. :P
Just get pictures Carl. :lol:

oh you didnt get THAT option eh dave?:D

If the lawn is dry and you are going straight, it will be OK on most lawns. If I need to make a turn, my 15GT can do a 360 on a single sheet of 4X8 plywood. I used to carry 6 sheets when I first started using the lift, now I only carry 2 and it has been more than adequate.

Regarding the price difference between the 23 and 15, like Dave said, the 23 has many more features that add to the cost, not only the difference in height. You can set up the 23 in a lot more places than the 15 because the outriggers have an elbow vs the straight outriggers of the 15. The bucket will go lower than the knuckle of the boom because the upper boom is offset. You cannot get the bucket on the 15 to go lower than the knuckle and it has been a problem every now and then. I just wish the 23 would be able to go through a 36 inch gate, then that is what I would be flying instead of the 15.

ive been wondering your thoughts koa, thanks. i think here most gates are larger than 36"

Many gates here are even 32"....the 15GT is 30.75". I have some customers who have gates that are only 24" and your standard size 26" wheelbarrow can't fit. I had to buy a narrow profile 22" Jackson wheelbarrow for those. The thing that bugs me is that they have the space to make a wider gate, but made a longer wall instead.

How often do you use the 15gt? Does it sit idle more then you use it? Has it been worth the purchase? Are you more profitable as a result of having it?

JUst get one, Craig! You know you want to!!!

I do want one.

I just need tonnes of feedback before dropping some serious cash on something I have never tried. I can get another really nice bucket for the same money.

I do want one.

I just need tonnes of feedback before dropping some serious cash on something I have never tried. I can get another really nice bucket for the same money.

Exactly, I'd like to have a demo for a month to see if it would work in my area. We just ordered our second bucket truck. The spider lift would be interesting but i worry about the room the out riggers need.

The way I see it, a spiderlift is for access where a regular bucket can't go and the tree can't be climbed.

I would stick with a rear mounted conventional lift and climb the backyard trees. Spiderlifts just don't do it for me.

The way I see it, a spiderlift is for access where a regular bucket can't go and the tree can't be climbed.

I would stick with a rear mounted conventional lift and climb the backyard trees. Spiderlifts just don't do it for me.

One of the draw backs with a rear mount lift is you need room for 4 out riggers. We have a hard enough time finding the room for 2 outriggers. We once snuck a crane in a yard for a dead removal. He was only able to get his rear out riggers 3/4 of the way out. So we took it real small and did not swing anything past the out riggers. We just set it down next to the tree.

bring some cribbing with you ken, you know this im sure but with blocking you dont need to get them all the way out. .05

Why is that SOTC? You need cribbing for a crane in nearly every setup... I don't see how cribbing makes a mid span outrigger classify as a full span.

Or are you talking about bucket trucks?

The blocks or small mats of wood and sometimes steel that goes under the outriggers of a crane to spread the load over a larger portion of the ground.

If he is talking bucket I understand, a crane I do not.

Cribbing is a bit different, I have outrigger pads for my manlift (2'x4' 3/4" plywood screwed together 2-3 thick) but I dont have cribbing. Normally cribbing is 4x4's 2-4' long and boards like 2x6 by similar lengths.

The pads on a crane are normally the part that the cylinder attaches to on top of the cribbing.

Po-tate-o/Po-tat-o

bring some cribbing with you ken, you know this im sure but with blocking you dont need to get them all the way out. .05

There is a sensor on the out riggers so they have to be down a good way. If you use too much blocking the hyd do not go live, and i'm not about to bypass the sensors.

Cribbing is different from just pads. Cribbing is for building up an area in order to set the pad, due to slope or obstructions such as curbs, etc. I carry some scrap 4X4 and 6X6 as well as some 2X8 pieces for spanning over curbs or building up the pads if I need to set up on a steep slope.

Hmmm. The last rear mount I operated had only two outriggers, but it was only 46'.

The 75ft truck has 4. We asked the salesman about the rear mount, he said everyone thinks they will sneak it down the driveway past the air conditioners, but they do not have the room for all the out riggers. Its all a trade off.

Back