spiderlift

• Thread starter TreeDr
  • Start date
  • Replies 608
  • Views 42K
Glad you finally got it Dave. I used my lift to hang drywall in my new shop yesterday. With 19 ft. high ceilings, there wasn't a drywall lift that could reach high enough. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it downloaded from my wife's camera.

Glad you finally got it Dave. I used my lift to hang drywall in my new shop yesterday. With 19 ft. high ceilings, there wasn't a drywall lift that could reach high enough. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it downloaded from my wife's camera.

:lol: Sounds awesome man! :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That thing looks so f'ing cool!! I hope it works well for you.

I want one.

Here are the a couple of pictures of the drywall hanging. The drywall contractor is a friend of mine who flew in from another island to do my shop and house. His price for labor and materials are only a little more than what other guys were quoting me for labor only. I had taken the head off the drywall hoist and mounted it on the basket of the spiderlift. It was rock solid and hoisted the 12 ft. long 5/8 in. drywall with 2 guys in the basket with no problem. I will be using the lift to caulk and paint my house also.

That´s a nice rig.
I´ve worked with such kind of lift´s. We rent them if we need them.

A few pictures of the lift in action. A removal and some old storm damage.

Some more, day before the storm and big temp drop. Just fighting the wind.
This was a pecan tree removal in a back yard.

I was asking, not accusing.

look at the first pic, gives a profile.

No offense, but I'm not. Those spiderlifts just don't impress me. I'm an old fashioned bucket guy, myself. Or just let me climb it. :drink:

I usually climb, buckets don't reach much around here, now a lift that is mobile well, that could be great!

Why such long ramps? Is the lift unable to navigate slopes very well?

Because of the incline into the truck Brian. the lift is 20ft long, if I used
shorter ramps the lift would hit the roof of the truck.

I've seen em' transported on a flat bed, I guess they put the outriggers down, then drive out from underneath and then drive lift to wherever. How heavy is that thing?

back to my old powerline thingee.......................you do know that even a house service can kill you right?

Back