So it's time for anther cell phone!

sawinredneck

Treehouser
Yup, my RAZR finally crapped out:cry: I lost the ear speaker, still had speakerphone and bluetooth, then the screen went.
I DESPISE looking for cell phones, so many neato features, what do I want? What do I really need? What is coming out next month? If I buy this, will I wish I should have gotten this?
I know, overthinking it. So I am looking at evilbay, you have to love this!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-iPhone-AT...ryZ64355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Another buddy of mine recently got an unlocked I-Phone to replace his Razr. He loves it even though he doesn't even have a computer or do the online thing. I guess I just don't understand the attraction. But if you're the type who likes the Razr then you'll love the I-Phone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't like the iphone at all, it's way to "weak" I guess, fo me. I hear they break all the time, I guess you drop it and the screen breaks, or something else breaks etc. I just got a kick out of the shipping:lol:

I am Cingular/AT&T, and no, I can't stand to text, but I am hoping to get my work e-mail setup on my phone in the future, and I plan on having all my work contacts, e-mails etc. on it, because my work phone SUCKS!!! I don't get a signal in most of the buildings I work in?

Dude, you need to work this to your advantage. ;)

I have tried!!! Believe me!!! The big boss got in my butt one day because I didn't answer my phone. I took it out, opened it up and showed where I never got the call.Iasked him if he had left a mesage and he replied "When I call I need you NOW I don't have time to leave a message!!" To which I replied "I'll tell you like I tell everybody else, leave a message and as soon as I get a signal I will get it and call you back."
He didn't really know how to respond to that:lol:
I then approached him the next week about wanting a "smart phone" so I could take care of ordering parts and deal with some of these issues from home.
"I'll think about it, but it's probably not going to happen Andy."
I take that as a no since he hasn't said anything since:lol:

It's a lot of things really.
With O/T I make MORE than my wife with an MBA does, but it seems like I don't have a pot to pee in half the time?

Never knowing when or why I am going to have to go in, hopefully that will change when the 2nd shifter starts, takes a toll on you after a while. It just drains you. You want to go do this, but can't venture too far, and might as well throw the boots in the truck just because.
It's not a good mentality.

And the lack of support from management will kill you after a while. "Fix this Andy!" I don't have the parts/tools/books etc. "Well why the hell not?".................
You know..................

So I need a good phone, that is built like a tank, and gets good reception, any more suggestions?

work has always had me on the bottom of the barrell nextel. The last phone I had (got a new one last week) was a leftover used when the DNC was held here. Thing was bombproof but very basic. Now I have a moto 265i, just as basic, not as bombproof. BUT, I can still text:evil:

The Nokia phones have a good reputation for durability. I have a Nokia 6102i that has held up very well. The motorola before that was a POS and the LD didn't ring loud enough for me to hear it.

And wealth is a state of mind. Take a poor bum and hand him a million dollars, 2 years later he will be broke again. Wealth isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you got (to quote Sheryl Crow). ;)

Yeah, the company doesn't spend more than they have to on phones. They supply us with Moto V365's, tough little buggers, rubber looking coating on it. I won't get into what all the details are, but it has been dunked twice, once by me, once by the guy before me. It still works, just like a Timex:P

The Nokia phones have a good reputation for durability. I have a Nokia 6102i that has held up very well. The motorola before that was a POS and the LD didn't ring loud enough for me to hear it.

And wealth is a state of mind. Take a poor bum and hand him a million dollars, 2 years later he will be broke again. Wealth isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you got (to quote Sheryl Crow). ;)

The Nokia's are bomb proof, but it seems the new ones battery life sucks, and the keypads are finicky according to the reviews I have read!

"I don't have digital, I don't have didley squat!"

Edit:

This is what I am leaning towards:http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_curve_8310-2050.php

I can get a refurb (doesn't bother me a bit) for $50 and their charges, if I re-up another two years. The wife just re-upped last month, so thats not a biggie.

I got an iPhone a month ago and I'm pretty happy with it. There are some features I'm surprised it doesn't have, but all in all I'm happy. The google maps works great. I had that on my last phone, too, but on the iPhone it's way better.

love
nick

Thats just what I need, having to call the damn operator everytime I need to make a call!!:lol:

Do you have something against operators?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9e3dTOJi0o&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9e3dTOJi0o&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uINRNwq_TXQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uINRNwq_TXQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

for bombproof and good reception, that will allow emails, and other web based features......
Palm Treo 700 and 755 are good choices. some blackberries as well.
motorola i930 is another good choice, and its a flip. that's what I had before this phone.

matter of fact I am sending this from my phone right now.........I have issues!

If I go Moto again, I think I will get the RAZR V3xx, I guess the V9 is built better, but it's $250!!!!!:O

ive had a v3xx for over a year, good phone. Buddy had one he ran over with the bucket truck. It still looked fine but it didn't work anymore :D

loving my Palm 700 (palm based software, not windows.)

awesome features, LOTS of software available.. seems fairly sturdy.

It has:

bluetooth, IR (infra red so it can send and receive, and act as a universal remote ;) ), camera for still or video, scheduling software (the palm stuff), speakerphone, MP3 player, web surfing, email, text message, querty keyboard, touch screen etc, too much to list really.

Mine was $99 with a 3 year plan
Palm 700p
PR_700p_device.jpg

Back