"so....hows bizness"

Lots of beekeepers in my area, utilizing the abundance of acacia trees.

My brother keeps bees. I remember him once saying that they swarmed(?), I guess that means they left the hive following the queen. So, the secret is keeping them happy?

My first phone conversation with G.F.B awhile back he said "It's either feast or famine in the trees ... " Due to the crazy ice storm I'm STILL trying to catch up !!! I'm reffering some work to other choppers/climbers whom I trust to do a good job ..... I CANNOT possibly do it all ... Odd this time last year it was almost but not quite famine .... I know I'm LUCKY this time around ... worked six days a week last two weeks !!!

The beekeeping thing definitely seems like a good way to branch out my skill set, especially since I can learn from an extremely good and experienced beekeeper here. Plus I'll be able to offer beehive removal from trees now. I mean, I could do that before, but it involved a chainsaw and the hive free falling a certain distance....

Bees are extremely important for our food supply, and they are having a hard time of it now with imported pests/diseases and whatnot. Good beekeepers are in demand.

I haven't been to those hot springs yet, but I'm only about a 30-45min drive from Espanola, up towards the Sangre de Cristo mountains. About 8000 ft elevation.

I'll try to find those hot springs. Thanks for the tip guys (Guy). Hot springs are good.

Business is still going strong. I have been getting a lot of small jobs and working four and five job days. The money is good but it means a lot more bidding time. I am wiped out. I may take a "me" day soon.

Yes the bidding time is killing me, running off at lunch to look at 2 jobs and then 3 after work hours is rough. That only happened once this week, and of the 5, I got 4 and I think the 5th one is in the works. All small jobs.

Phone has been ringing pretty good, Pretty sure I wrapped up a city contract this year to. Business is still slower than normal, I'm not complaining at all.:)

Hows bizness or how's beesness.:D

Bizness is good as I'm off to work on another saturday. Hope I don't get stung.

I have a cul de sac of old ladies to satisfy... um I mean tree work wise. They call me every year to trim their trees whether they need it or not.

I have 3 old ladies, next door neighbors to each other, that I trim trees for every year. They live in ____ town and on my calendar I list the job for the day as _____ old ladies.

Biz is great, never better. hired 3 guys in the last 2 weeks. I am up to 13 guys and would like maybe 5 more. Booked all year and some. Then again, I dont do residential work.
Jeff

Lots of trees, just not residential. Mostly HOA and golf courses
Urbantreecare.com
Jeff

Welcome to The TreeHouse! I checked your website and it said ya'll helped after Hurricane Wilma. Where in Florida were ya'll? We got hit hard by Wilma and it was nice to have the extra help down here in Marathon.

What's with spring and avocados??
I've got 6 on one property to do...and they ain't small! I should be happy its a price no object customer!
The other one is tucked away in a postage stamp garden behind some low cost housing, it will be a low cost tree, they cared enough to call a professional, I care enough to give them a break on the price!

Hi Vharrison, I didn't go, we sent a crew of 5 and they worked all over. I know they were in Volusia county a while.
Jeff

Dang, Don't remind me hurricane season is coming quickly. My Area(sc) is way overdo for an epic storm.

I still think I can do good with my grinder on the road, we will see If I'm not to busy!

Back