"so....hows bizness"

Phone is ringing pretty regular. Usually does this time of year as people are worried last minute about running out of burn days. SO brushing is picking up and still getting calls for storm clean up here and there. Might have gotten a cancellation tonight though. Lady is kind nuts so I don't really GAS. Told me I never committed to any clearing on her place we had talked about. Getting a bid from another company. This woman cancels regular so I always put it on her to call to schedule the work. She always tries to low ball us on our estimates and labor also by hiring idiots. Ends up calling us in to clean up the mess. Think I should let her learn her lesson again and fire her period. Yes I am known to fire clients ;)

Man! I had a whole week of work set aside from last Fall, scheduled for the week of the 23rd to the 27th of this month. I was going to have Jason (The Branch Doctor) help me out with this one, but the lady "had" to cancel the job today.

I'm sick of analysts creating fear in people. They are all over the place with their "predictions." In a nut shell, she basically said, that she doesn't "feel" right about the economy.
:what:

I like the per tree calls. I mean if they are planted pines with a clear lay, no worries I'll quote you over the phone.

A few years ago I had one lady insist on getting a quote over the phone to remove a Norfolk pine. She said it was about 70 ft. tall. I never trust homeowner's estimates of tree height. She told me a ballpark figure would be OK. So I told her it will be more than a thousand but less than 10 grand.

She made a rude comment and hung up.

haha! Wes, I have done the same, when someone insists on a ballpark figure for a certain job, site unseen, I tell them the same, slightly less than $10,000, NOW can we meet at the site and discuss the job at hand? sheesh.

Bidness been pretty good here. We still got the residual from the hurricane. Still doing a damage job just about every day from last Sept. storm. Tomorrow pretty good size craner that some local clown ruined the price on. It's my across the street nbor. He gave me the job for $500. more than the other guy bid but I wanted more and in the Nbor's gesture (showed me his bid) I hadda go light. Still make a few bucks for this time of year. Hope everybody else is picking up now too.

Work isnt rolling in fast and furious but it is rolling in steady. I'll take steady any day of the week.

If things slow down I am going to start giving away siberian elms, cottonwoods and trees of heaven to people. Tanager Tree Service is committed to giving America a greener future. Heck, I'll plant a thousand new trees a year.

So, I guess I've said that I've been going to Paducah every now and again to climb for a couple companies.... Well, lately I've been too busy, and I hooked up my friend Joe with a company out there that needed a climber.

Well... Joe calls me last night asking if I know of Nosak Tree Service! Apparently, the company I did a couple jobs with and now Joe is working for met Nosak in a bar and is taking care of some of his jobs for him. Not to mention, Nosak left them his bucket truck, and went on vacation!!!!!!! Joe said he'll send me some pics when he gets back. :lol:

first time in months that i dont have the whole week booked yet,
just a few small residential jobs one day
and a big pine removal that will take a day and a half,
tax season is now upon us, sporadic work from here,
this was our busiest fruit tree year yet.

I thought things were starting to rock and roll for a few weeks but the bottom has fallen out this week. If nothing else its allowing me to get some projects done on the gear and the trucks now that things are warmer.

Yup, our little blast of work is drying up quickly. I've had a nice little blast of income in the last 2 weeks that has helped me catch up with bills but I'm still in the 'survival mode' mentality and not spending money on anything extra.

Ditto here.

That and overbidding, I notice I overbid by an hour or 2 here and there. It's nice when I get the job, but not when you look at 6 an get 0.

Just read yours squish.

I honestly just don't know what I want to do anymore. Last 3 years has been rough for me mentally, and not working just makes me dwell on it more and makes the hole deeper. It's still early in the season, but I just don't know.

For me the rejection like that is hard to take. I mean not working and making money sucks too. But what I mean is I probably take it to personally, because I know what I've done in my life to get to this point of having my nice little business. So when someone basicaly tells me that I'm out to lunch on my pricing It's a little hard to swallow.

Back