SLOW

• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 127
  • Views 10K
Cookies clutter up your hard drive, clearing them will help to improve your hard drives efficiency but cookies are also helpful if you log onto the same sites all the time as they can store your personal preferences for that particular site thus speeding up your log in times.

Often times it just will not connect.Then others it will not allow you to get past about the first page of a thread.If this post goes through ,I have been trying for an hour or so to get on.

They say the internet is equal. But I wonder if some sites have a higher priority rating programmed into the servers.

It seems this like this site comes and goes. For each part of the country, it works differently.
For example Al is in Northern Ohio, and his last post says it is slow, but at the same time, mine was fast.
Then another day mine will be slow but others are fast.

Strange

And don't forget! I've told ya'll, Ipowerweb is moving their hosting server all during last month and this month. I'm hoping THAT is what all the drag assing is all about.

I hope so, I've not been bitching nearly as bad as Brian :P . But it definetly comes and goes, but like I've said half the time I'm not sure if it's my connection or the server or whatever!

On a different note, but perhaps related...Butch, what's up with the icons indicating thread status??? They used to indicate read and unread, and if I had posted to that thread or not. Now it's all a mishmash with no way for me to figure out the code.

Or am I just off the res here?

I search that way too Butch by number of unread posts: , but it used to be really clear to decipher if you had posted in a thread or not and if there were new posts in that thread or not now it's a weird code that I'm yet to figure out. It changed a little while back now, and there's all these weird little envelope type codes as well as some circle ones, I dunno I figured I musta just woke up dumber one day :|:

There's two different icon styles that are being used, God only knows how the software decides which style to use on each thread.

You folks know the circle ones, they have been here at the TH for a long time.

The envelope ones are the 'old' vBulletin standard. Open envelope means unread posts, closed envelope means you've read it. An arrow overlayed on the envelope means you've posted in it.

Thanks, Brian, for the interp. Wonder why the two styles are intermixed now?

Butch, you have to see them...they are the icons to the left of the thread titles.

Back