skiing the bunny slopes

they are a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$ but I could find some last years or used

The older model (almost identical) are the Adrenalins , when I was shopping there were some new on E-Bay at good savings ...FYI AT gear remains a niche market , so many shops will make a deal if it looks like they won't sell. One of my friends got a deal from a shop in Mass. that was as good as the discount Garmont gave for National Ski Patrol membership....

Free your heel and your mind will follow.8)

Terminators!!!!
terminatorX_thumb.jpg

Finally went skiing today for the first time. Sad I know but that's how the cookie crumbles. Fun day despite being cold and not that great of snow.:)

I've telemarked for nearly twenty years. I've also dabbled in boarding and alpine but just for something to try really and before I tele'd. Needless to say I really dig it.8)

My patrol trainer works and teaches on pins .. I think were up to 9 patrollers who haul tobbogans telly , I would trust ANY one of them to take me down .... Mad River Glen is becoming the three pin capitol of the east... I still haven't tried it ...

I think I found some Lowe Super Peaks on Craigslist I hope the work out couse Im broke

Attachments

• 3kd3m93l412b1391g48cqdab0ce08d52511c1.jpg
    3kd3m93l412b1391g48cqdab0ce08d52511c1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 3p53o53l71f112914c8cqac67ecddc05714af.jpg
    3p53o53l71f112914c8cqac67ecddc05714af.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those are climbing boots, and won't work with tele or AT binders, I'm quite sure.

Sorry, I spoke too quickly.....I just didn't see the shape needed to hold bindings...... prolly cause the pics don't show it.

Here's better pics: http://cgi.ebay.com/Lowa-Walk-Ski-S...temQQimsxZ20090122?IMSfp=TL090122178003r16725

I'm guessing that boot, with only two buckles, is quite soft.....so, less performance, more comfort.

It's generally not a good idea to buy a ski boot without trying it on first.

I don't get in the BC enough, so haven't upgraded from my old Nordica TR-9's, which are quite poor compared to today's boots.

My patrol trainer works and teaches on pins .. I think were up to 9 patrollers who haul tobbogans telly , I would trust ANY one of them to take me down .... Mad River Glen is becoming the three pin capitol of the east... I still haven't tried it ...

Tele is quite versatile imo. I was a cert'd tele instructor for awhile but never taught professionally, just did it to improve my own technique. I'm a rocky mountain style freeheeler, how low can you go. The guy that taught me to tele is the best tele'r I've ever seen and we used to ski all over the province from Smithers to Washington and all stops in beteen. We used to regularly ski with a national team member here in Vernon for a season, but I think it was hard on his ego.:D

Hoping to hit the hill again this friday, love the burn in my legs today, love it.8)

The hiking boot sole works best when paired with AT bindings , although they will work with regular old step-ins ... they look like a good boot ... Good Luck !

The guy said that If I used them with step in buindings I couldbrake my leg cous the step in are made to role out at the toe and the at is made to role out at the heal so I didnt get them was he wrong?

The hiking boot sole works best when paired with AT bindings , although they will work with regular old step-ins ... they look like a good boot ... Good Luck !
Actually, a hiking boot toe/ heel design (I wasn't referring to the sole makeup) will work with only a few AT bindings, such as those with wire bales. I have a pair of 30 yr old Ramers that I was able to use with my old leather mountaineering boots.

inz, those boots should work with any binding, be it a twist out toe or heel design....I think.

Scotland isn't reknowned for its waist deep poweder but if you go with low expectations and don't mind riding over heather and maybe the odd rock thats still slightly hidden it isn't tooo bad here is the view from the top of the cairnwell t bar at glenshee looking south west to Carn nan Sac

glenshee.jpg

oh the hills in scotland are normally super windy, yesterday was still.

Jamie

a few years ago , in the National Ski Patrol trade / member mag .... there was a crazy photo of a ski patrol summit shack and patrollers in Scotland ! ... I believe , somewhere ???

I'd give anything to be over your way, i was there about 9 years ago, stayed with my friends family, spent most of our time in Smugglers Notch...

Jamie

OK here is some radical ski footage of one of my recent night skiing trips. Roger, eat your heart out!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6rStwePsNc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6rStwePsNc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back