Sherrill Price Increase

Welcome Ryan! Everyone here knows that I'm a loyal Wesspur customer so I won't add any shameless plugs in hopes of big discounts :D other than this:

Ryan himself has looked after me a few times in straightening things out and tracking/shipping my orders to Canada. To me I apreciate dealing with a company that size that can still handle everything I might need. Keep up the good work

J. Fisher
Fisher Tree Service

Glad WesSpur had the forthought to counter the price increase buy purchasing enough stock to see them through to the next catalog! Way to go Ryan and respectfully stated too!

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Thanks for taking the time and welcome to the Tree House!

Bob

nothing like a little friendly competition. :D

welcome both of you to the tree house.

sherrill's price was up by $10 bucks over here ! 150 ft. blue streak climb line.

Good conversation guys and thanks Ryan for confessing to having received your notices because from my perspective your purchasing manager was denying what I was pretty certain to be fact, that price increases were indeed “coming down the pipe at Wesspur,” and then appeared to be implying that someone with my last name was making it all up!

Folks, there’s virtually no doubt that Wesspur’s business model is different from SherrillTree. SherrillTree displays the will and determination to invest significant hard-earned profits into safety and education for the benefit of all consumers while others simply... dump it in their pocket. SherrillTree recently participated in the 2008 ISA Convention for the 23rd consecutive year, having invested thousands into sponsorships, education and research while others… well, stayed home. Last year SherrillTree awarded thousands in donations at regional ISA events while sponsoring over 70 educational seminars around the country. Although some think SherrillTree is significantly larger than it's competitors and that I'm a mega-millionaire, but it's not so. I drive a Prius with a fishing rod in the back and go to the office every morning. I’m also the same stockholder who ran SherrillTree back when Wesspur traded hands from my old friend Mike Kaufman for the first time (’95).

No worries though, there’s nothing the latest low price competitor can do short of running me out of business that will keep SherrillTree from happily investing in the health and welfare of the arboricultural community. And heck, if bankruptcy is where it leads me, thena fishing I will go.

Cheers all.

Jeez... who the hell gets into this business to get rich anyways?

:LOL:

Tobe: if bankruptcy is where it leads me, thena fishing I will go

I like that sentiment :)

Hey Tobe, I think I can speak for the TreeHouse in this regard without stepping on any toes, so here goes;

I have enjoyed this thread, and it is especially great to be able to have folks like yourself from Sherrill, Wespur, etc. check in and chat with us.

I did feel kind of put off when you complained that the TreeHouse was not welcoming to you.

We (the members here and most especially Butch) put alot of hard work into this site striving to keep it constructive and educational, and most importantly, fun.
Perhaps you feel the same way when folks get negative about your company, huh? Well, I think I can understand where your coming from on that.

I sincerely hope you have changed your initial impression of the TreeHouse and come back and visit us by and by.

We only bite randomly and without warning as a rule 8)

Frans

Frans,

Which tree is that? Looks like Sherman.

Viewed significant rebound of the Washington tree two months ago, even catastrophic fire can't snuff that tree. Man I love it out there. Can hardly wait'l next summer.

Tobe

The picture in my avatar is the Grizzly Giant. The giant sequoias are currently my favorite trees to visit. Altho I am about due for a trip to visit the bristlecone pines again...

CA. is so very unique, oldest trees in the world, tallest trees in the world, biggest trees in the world, plus, you can experience just about every climatic condition on earth, all within a day or so of each other.

its whats for dinner:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpBnHtGUKs0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QpBnHtGUKs0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The picture in my avatar is the Grizzly Giant. The giant sequoias are currently my favorite trees to visit. Altho I am about due for a trip to visit the bristlecone pines again...

CA. is so very unique, oldest trees in the world, tallest trees in the world, biggest trees in the world, plus, you can experience just about every climatic condition on earth, all within a day or so of each other.

cali is awesome.....:D

Back