Sherrill's new line launcher kit

pantheraba

More biners!!!
Just had this come through my email....

http://www.sherrilltree.com/SHERRIL...&utm_campaign=150622_BigLauncher#.VYiUt_lVhBc

SHERRILLtree Big Launcher Kit (includes Big Launcher, Reel/Line, Projectile & Red Blank Loads).

The Big Launcher uses a blank cartridge to launch specifically designed line launcher projectiles into the canopy to desired distances.

This New Line Launcher is the most versatile and compact line launcher in the world.

With the combination of a pistol grip, full length shoulder stock and aerodynamic projectile which allows for a very precise placement of the line every time.

The stock on the Big Launcher has been engineered to separate into two pieces for ideal storage and portability.

The Big Launcher has been proven to save time & money on the job sites when trying to set those tricky lines.

The Big Launcher can eliminate all the large line setting equipment that you have to use today.

Read more: http://www.sherrilltree.com/SHERRILLtree-Big-Launcher-Kit#ixzz3dpqmhLtG

Attachments

• BigLauncher.jpg
    BigLauncher.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 86
Like the bird launchers for training retrievers right? I dig the little bottle for storing the line, I wonder if the winder sends it right in there?

Thanks for posting this, Gary. It will be interesting to eventually hear the reviews from the folks who decide to buy the thing. Twice the price of the APTA, possibly more noisy. I don't see on the site whether or not the ammo for it will be sold by them, and for how much.

Nick Bonner said that his APTA is fifty states legal, I think because of the fact that it only uses air as a propellant, if I'm recalling correctly. It has me wondering if the same is true for this device or not.

I like the fact that I can use the usual Zing-It line with my APTA, which I think has a breaking strength of around 600 pounds. It's nice to know I have that extra margin for those times when there seems to be a bit of a hangup when pulling the rope in.

It will be fun to see how this all plays out. It never hurts to have more options. Thanks again for posting.

Tim

It says "blanks", isn't that gunpowder??

Yes its gun powder and yes it is loud as shit and will get you arrested in certain urban areas. I have one that I bought from Wesspur a year or more ago and the inability to adjust the launch power other than the 3 charges makes it unusable IMO. If you want to pay shipping you can have it, the projectile is missing as they get lost easily.

Don't waste your money

...saw the Wespur video when it came out. Though technically NOT a gun it is impractical as it is almost kind of one... I have often set a few lines in advance of job with Big shot and customer at home unnoticed

. . ski area nearby installed a new chairlift with one super high span. State Tramways insists on ability to evac lift when broken. Ski Patrol ordered the the thing for the the one shot too high for Bigshots. medium loads....

When the Patrol Director told me they bought it ... I thought they bought the Navy line launcher that was mentioned and pictured in Gerry's book.

I'm sure they use that for naval UNREPS.

I've actually seen a guy hit with one of those. He was wearing a hardhat, but he went down and had to be carried off.

No telling what happened to him. I was on the other ship. :drink:

Attachments

• hassayampa_unrep_constellation_richard_b_anderson.gif
    hassayampa_unrep_constellation_richard_b_anderson.gif
    99.8 KB · Views: 87
Back