Sherrill still doing price matching?

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Didn't sherrill used to have a deal where they would beat competitors pricing by 10%? I'm looking at buying something that is about $1800 on their website, but $1700 if I buy it from an in-state supplier..but then I would have to pay sales tax if bought locally.

Anyone know? I might be able to save some dough here. It'd be my first Sherrill purchase in 4 or 5 years!

It is the sherrill 150% price smasher. You had to call to get it. I saw it a few months back in a catalog or on thier site, but a web search only brings past references.

Nick, just curious, price matching doesn't strike you as a bit cutthroat? It seems one step up from setting up a similar business the next block up from somebody else's successful one and trying to steal their customers. I apologize in advance, since you didn't ask for anyone's opinion on it. I guess if they already do it, it isn't like they are being asked to corrupt themselves.

Treestuff just added a spade the other day. ~1790 and with the 5% coupon you'd be looking at 1700 on the nose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick, just curious, price matching doesn't strike you as a bit cutthroat? It seems one step up from setting up a similar business the next block up from somebody else's successful one and trying to steal their customers. I apologize in advance, since you didn't ask for anyone's opinion on it. I guess if they already do it, it isn't like they are being asked to corrupt themselves.

Yes. I agree with you. However- I'm not w fan of Sherrill- so if I can get them to sell an $1,800 item for $1,483 (price adjustment confirmed on the phone as I type!)....that sortof warms the cockles of my heart!

They are getting me the shipping quote now. I would probably just buy it, but now I her TreeStuff just started selling it- so that's a bit of a game changer.

love
nick

I feel with every piece of gear I buy from Treestuff, I get Luke as part of the deal. If something goes wrong or I am unhappy, he is going to be there to take care of it. That's worth a lot to me.

Yeah- I go to Bishop regularly. Traffic permitting I can be there and back in an hour. The downfall on such a big purchase is that I have to pay approx $130 for sales tax.

But yeah- now that treestuff is selling them I will have to reconsider.

Well, there's been a major update. Thanks to the power of this little place we call the Tree House, I've found someone selling the same kit for a measly $1,350!!!!

As phenomenal as that is, with the 150% price buster guarantee, let me see...

Sherrills price is $1,799
Cheap Price is $1,350
The difference is $449.
449 x 150% is $673
I believe the next part is take the Sherrill price and subtract the $673 and that leaves us at ...
$1,126!!!!!!

I am going to order it tomorrow. Shipping should be like $100-$150. There's no way anyone can match that.

I pulled the trigger on it. I was ready to pay $1,200 used in good condition and misisng pieces from the kit. After all was said and done, I got it for $1,171 shipped.

Perhaps I should have checked, but I think it would have been offensive to call competitors and ask if they will match that price. That is just unreal. It is just an assumption, but I think everyone else would rather leave the item sitting on the shelf for a little longer than to sell it for $500-$600 off.

As much as I like price matching, after a while it begins to feel like when a customer keeps asking for a discount or to match a low bidder, there comes a time when the price is what it is, take it or leave it...

Good decision Nick.

Back