Seqoiua SRT suspenders

• Thread starter top hopper
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
T

top hopper

I recently ordered the SRT version of this saddle.

Im looking to integrate the suspenders onto the harness for a couple of reasons.

1- Using the Croll chest ascender for SRT entry

and

2- for flying the bucket truck, which requires a dorsal D for attachment.

Currently when I climb I use my harness, but if I need to fly the bucket I need to put on the company body harness. Id prefer to have my saddle be capable of both applications. Ive looked at the Petzl website and while they have the suspenders listed for the Seqioua, they dont have the dorsal attachment. Other suspenders listed, (for the Navaho) have both the Croll chest ascender AND the dorsal D.

I am wondering if these suspenders would interchange and work with the Seqioua SRT saddle?

Anyone out there know if this would work?

only with the navaho sit harness. bounce told me that on the phone. theres an unclear mention in the wesspur catalog, might say it in the sherrill, ill look if i can find mine

Top Hopper, sotc is correct the Sequoia SRT won't be rated for fall protection even if you apply the top harness. The attachment point on the back of the saddle is not strong enough. It's a good saddle for what it was designed for. I use the Torse Ascender Strap upper to hold the croll in place. It's a lot cheaper than buying the top harness for that purpose. But obviously it is just designed for holding the croll.

Dave

There is some conflicting info out there about the Sequoia combined with the Top chest harness. At first Petzl was telling us that this combo would be fall pro rated, but it turns out it isn't. If all you want is to add a Croll, the Secur chest harness is perfect for that. However, I think I'm going to add the Top onto my own Sequoia mainly for when I have to climb with my 046 because my rear is too skinny to keep that much weight on my hips.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well that sucks donkey bawls.

I wonder why the chest harness is available with the sternum attachment then?

my sequoia pre srt system . needs adjusted to my new saddle
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KGGlEQNRNjY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KGGlEQNRNjY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I use the Torse Ascender Strap upper to hold the croll in place. It's a lot cheaper than buying the top harness for that purpose. But obviously it is just designed for holding the croll.

Don't get the torse for the Sequoia, get the secur. The torse buckle does not fit through the rear attachment fitting.

Don't get the torse for the Sequoia, get the secur. The torse buckle does not fit through the rear attachment fitting.

Good point. I solved that problem by bypassing the supplied clip on the saddle and quick-linked directly to the nylon web loop.

Dave

I wonder why the chest harness is available with the sternum attachment then?

Because when you add the Top onto the Navaho Sit harness it IS fall pro rated. Just not with the Sequoia.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If thats the case, the chest harness for the seqioua should not have a sternum d at all. But the one they market for it does.

So what? You buy the upper harness it comes with the sternum D and your supposed to know NOT to use it becuase the saddle below is not fall rated?? They should have one available with no Ds then.

OK- nother question. Whether or not its rated for it or not. Will the chest harness with the dorsal D "FIT" onto my seqoiua?

i think its the same harness they send, that fits any of those saddles. not different harnesses for different saddles.
also kinda confusing is in the wesspur catalog they are selling the sequoia, right beow that they are selling the suspenders which happen to be displayed on the navaho sit, not the sequoia. maybe sean will get to help with the next catalog8)

I predict that harnessess sold with a metal D ring on the dorsal point will be discountinued and replaced with sewn webbing rings.

Just heard about a forklift operator who broke his spine when he fell backwards onto concrete. the D ring stuck out at right angles so it chopped his spine.

2nd time I have heard this happen.

Maybe it was a fat forklift operator who had the harness on so tight that the rings could only stick straight out, who knows.

Sorry for the confusion Tophopper. I know the Wesspur catalog isn't exactly clear on all this. Unfortunately we thought we could get away with putting this in in the catalog before we actually received a sample. Petzl also has given some conflicting info, at first told me the Sequoia with Top WAS fall pro rated, but then changed their minds.

To answer your question, the Top chest harness will definitely fit onto the Sequoia (as well as the Navaho Sit). It just isn't fall pro rated for use in a bucket truck. There is no way to make the Sequoia fall pro rated.

You are right Tophopper - if you aren't supposed to use the sternal attachement point, it shouldn't be there. It's there anyway though and there's no option to get it without. Stupid, I know.....

Jared Abrojena had a set of Petzl suspenders in the ITCC that didn't have dorsal or sternal attachments. I never got around to asking him where he got it.

Back