Santa'a new entrance....

I am still waiting for the laser to be perfected.

Then you can just whip the fancy truck in the driveway, roll down the window and go to town, 20 minutes later get out of the ac and stroll up to the front door in your 3 piece suit and collect check and leave.

We don't get many $5k removals here anyhoo.

Butch, I use a log loader truck.

Attachments

• 031307_1641b.jpg
    031307_1641b.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 72
Bivy, not that I wouldn't but in 18 yrs we have done 3 of them total. Never many occasions we had to have a crane.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess you have pretty good access most of the time.....is it flat where you are?

Yes, thats the biggest difference we are for the most part flat around here.

If the customer doesn't want the wood, we either give the wood away or sell it to the mills....

I prefer cranes where possible, but the ability to do tough work craneless means the money goes in our pockets, not some for the crane co.

both our pockets were paid fair......and it was a whole lot easier

It's always nice when the crane company brings in some tree work as well. Those can be good relationships to have going, in more ways than one.

I dont see how you get the big bucks either John.
Like i mentioned for the fiirst time ever in history of my tree service i was asked to break down a quote on a job i did , the insurance company wanted to know the crane fee which was 800 $
Anyhow i was then told i could only bill for 47 and hour or some obserd number.
I just put some other part of the bid higher and barely collected 2300 total for a job that should have paid 3 thousand.

I dont see how you get the big bucks either John.
Like i mentioned for the fiirst time ever in history of my tree service i was asked to break down a quote on a job i did , the insurance company wanted to know the crane fee which was 800 $
Anyhow i was then told i could only bill for 47 and hour or some obserd number.
I just put some other part of the bid higher and barely collected 2300 total for a job that should have paid 3 thousand.

what are taking about.....there is no limit when for removing the tree from the house, usaually only 500 for debris removal though. Every adjuster I have ever dealt with never bats an eye at crane costs. These are the same insurance companies you guys deal with. State Farm, Nationwide, etc...

they do ask to breakdown bill for actual removal caost and cleanup....kinda of a mute point with a crane though.

Yes they do John, this year ive been asked to break down most of my bids .Yeah alwasy the 500. brush removal thing but they also are flat out stating that i can have only 47 and hour to operate a crane. I was like oh really and what size crane and she said we dont care any size.
On two other jobs we did the adjustor had already wrote the check for the tree work befor it was even bid.
This year insurance jobs sucked.
Also one more thing the customers were required to obtain three bids and the insurance company forced them to choose lowest one.
Its a different world down here in Chatt.Im hating that part of it.

Good jobs for insurance have been where the customer has said get this tree off my house now and we take pictures and send in the bill.even then ive had to fight for every penny.
I think the median home price up there must be alot more than here ?
i dont get it

what insurance company was that....so I wont ever work for them. Seems absurd or someone there is mis-interpreting policy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qw9oX-kZ_9k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Most insurance jobs we have done the homeowner got to pick their company of choice. The debris has always been 500. You have to get creative with wording on the bill.

The insurance adjusters around here will allow something like 750 for tarping a hole in a roof.

I never wait for pay from insurance companies. I get paid when the job is done.

Its the policy holders problem to fight with their carrier not mine.

I usually do too....but this lady did not have the cash......and I have worked for this company many times before....got paid the next day, no biggie

Ive had very few problems getting paid by allstate and state farm.
Farmers was alittle sticky.
There are so many no name new ones out there i cant keep track of them.
I dont remember the name and really dont want to , my check finally came from the customer.
I recon yall start to see some of this BS sooner or later.We had our highest ever gross this year so my exposure has been the most ever as well.Proably did about 50 insurance jobs .Two to five a week during the stormy periods.I always find its the ajustor who really can make it miserable OR not.

I do remember now it was Travelers.

Back