Rope Runner Pro

94C70E96-51AF-40F4-87B2-76FEAA17D5BB.gif
Looks stunning. I’m probably not gonna be first in line for one, since I like hearing/ reading reviews before purchasing gear like this, but I got a good feeling about it.

Easier and faster on and off the rope, less chance of dropping parts, more comfortable beak probably (but I’m used to the old one) and a better tending point. Those are the only things I can think of that can improve the first generations of RopeRunner.
Might have a home run with this one.
Looks pretty too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DMc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Kevin did a great job on this video.

Anybody getting excited yet? I sure as hell am.

It looks awesome for sure. KB is special.

Ok this neophyte wonders if the RRP makes the RW obsolete or yeah nah?

Sure looks like it’ll take 1/2” or 13mm rope, with room to spare.
My hands start hurting after a few hours if I’m pulling myself around on 11mm.

Nick said it will be on a first come first serve basis when the first batch come in. Also, it will be a Treestuff exclusive for a while before being released to other vendors.

Good to hear. I'm hoping to bust out my wrench soon

I admit I think its kinda bizarre its taken me so long to get there.

Fwiw, in my travels around here, I've never seen anyone around here doing srt, except at the state climbing comp.

It really is a pleasure to watch him go, eh?
I’d have so much more free time if I could move that fast in a broad canopy.

Whew ! I’m a terra-firma type guy ... man that’s something else how ya get around so effortlessly

Speed, as an emphasised component of tree work, is not a good thing. It is not the same as, and should not be confused with, smooth, energy efficient movement.

Having speed as a component in tree climbing competitions that are representing the elite in the tree workers world, kind of flies in the face of the whole 'safety first' sales pitch.

Fortunately, Kevin does (aside from a few mad scrambles) display the smooth synchronization needed, between tools and body, for efficient movement. Things shouldn't be a struggle.

I am a bit surprised that no one has commented on the traverse at about the 1:30 min mark. That was a slick move!

I am a bit surprised that no one has commented on the traverse at about the 1:30 min mark. That was a slick move!

We on it

At 1.46, did he have some one tie off his tail so he could go hand over hand back to his main tie in point? Dude is a climbing fool. :drink:
Its a horse knot that I throw on the limb. I bring my tail with me on the way back and pull it to release. One of my favorite little tricks! Saves going down and back up. Having someone else tie off your tail would work too.

Does that lowest slice pin/ pulley affect the release at all? Or is it just for tending?

It does slide within an angled slot, so yes, it still is part of the friction management process.

Kevin is a freak of nature. I’ve said this before and probably after every time I’ve watched him climbing on YouTube. I’ve got some practicing to do

Rich, you could do like I have done...I admitted to myself that I would never fly through the crown of a big oak like Kevin, or even close to as well as many arbs less gifted than he.

But I console myself with the bald fact (I tell myself this repeatedly, hoping it is true :)) that Kevin will never spur climb big oldgrowth PNW conifers with near the grace and speed I have. He would pretty quickly learn to pick cones at stupid tiny diameters, but I could beat him there for maybe a few weeks ;). I also tell myself that I am most likely better at several other skills required of a backcountry forestry technician than he ever will be:). The fact that he has never needed nor likely wished to have those skills, I tend to ignore :/:.

I do stumble pretty hard when I try to figure how I could possibly measure against his undeniable genius in conceiving and producing the several completely innovative climbing tools he has brought to our work.

There, I just fail, so tell myself I am not near as great as I like to think I am, and rock some more on the front porch with another small glass of single malt to ease my pain :D.

Kevin Bingham is a force of nature. The rest of us are the freaks :D.

Last edited:
Back