Rigging Question

This picture illustrates what I was trying to show to Stephen. The second one I think shows what Butch is talking about, moving the friction device around the tree to move the rope out from under the piece.

Attachments

• rope 001.jpg
    rope 001.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 104
  • rope 002.jpg
    rope 002.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 102
Like rigging a drift line in another tree? On a straight up removal butt hitch and false crotch away for the spar, I don't see any reason to get more complex than that. What's the purpose of it for? To move the piece away from obstacles at the butt of the tree?
For extreme control in a tight place... Triangulates the line and drop to the center of the run. Often used between two trees but can be used in the one if you leave yourself or engineer the right set up for it.ie: if you look at the first pic Steve posted on the last two he posted.... Move the pulley to the branch to be lowered and make the second pulley a fixed line. First pulley being the closest to the trunk .. And yes I agree with what Butch was wanting done... Friction devise AWAY and off to the side of the drop line.. Standard practice. As is letting the line run. Simple is better. :)

I think I will have Rob draw it and then scan it and then post it cause this paint thing .. I have tried to and can't draw for shat! We also incorporate it into an existing zip line to lower... Works sweet for gentle lowering in a tight zone.

I've done that when there's plants or other stuff at the base of the tree that can't be moved and can't be damaged either.

Same here...When some thing at the base of the tree prevents it etc. I have had to do this over flag stone walks.. Very brittle shat. Rob has drawn it some .. let me know how it comes out :)
Also if you can't zip it.. have to stop it part way but don't need the running line on the pulley for lowering? I think I said that right.. Or retrieval line? This shows how we use it for the branch and trunk.. Only in special cases mind you.

Attachments

• rigging1.JPG
    rigging1.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 11
  • rigging2.JPG
    rigging2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 12
No.. cause you rerouted the free to zip using the same line to lower... Thus lowering at a declined angle... Not to the actual anchor. Make sense... ???

That's interesting. I think I understand your concept, never seen it done........but would put considerable side load on the stem....Ok if it's burly...but would the sideways forces be irksome to the cutter?

It looks way too gear intensive to me...the only way to rig the blocks close and quickly would be with loopies....unless you're just using slings and biners....for lighter loads....

I guess I could also explain that you are using the zip line for the actual lowering if you look at the points... Eliminating a lowering/retrieval line in the process...

I think I got the concept, but how would it work with a 1000 pound load?

That's interesting. I think I understand your concept, never seen it done........but would put considerable side load on the stem....Ok if it's burly...but would the sideways forces be irksome to the cutter?

It looks way too gear intensive to me...the only way to rig the blocks close and quickly would be with loopies....unless you're just using slings and biners....for lighter loads....

Like I said simple is better if you don't have something right below the tree...
And like I said ... the groundsman can pull the wood away from the cut.

Load cannot run down the zipline. line terminates at c with d as the anchor in the tree. You feed the line through d from the ground and this allows the load to proceed down the zipline. The load will not make it to the ground anchor though, gravity puts it on the ground before it gets halfway there

You use blocks and appropriate rated bull line as you would with a straight drop and lower.. And like I said .. let the line run a bit to lessen the shock load. And no I don't often use this on 1000# loads. More like 3-500#... But with the right line and groundie I think you could.

Load cannot run down the zipline. line terminates at c with d as the anchor in the tree. You feed the line through d from the ground and this allows the load to proceed down the zipline. The load will not make it to the ground anchor though, gravity puts it on the ground before it gets halfway there

TY Rob .. heck he came up with this..
Welcome to the Tree house Brother :)

Finally, not good at talking I fear, and then yall dont like gmail addresses :)

Back