Dumb Question - How Do You Tie Your Hitch?

Yes, I used to climb on icetail hitch on XTC when still on Hitch climber DRT. Loved the combo back then
Now beeline on Tachyon HH SRT

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thinking of the suislide?

1024px-Prohaska-prohgrip-blakes-vs-suislide-friction-hitch-warning.png

I always put a stopper after my Blakes hitch. On really tall climbs where you had to tie in and then re-tie in to reach the ground, I always put a stopper knot at the end of my climbing line to accidently avoid running out of rope. Any fans of the split-tail?

I know someone who is enthusiastic about the Fitch Hitch. This one is totally new to me. I am trying it out in my lanyard and so far I like it. Anyone else hear of this? How long has it been around?

That's interesting. Looks distel-like. I'll give it a try some time.

The guy I learned it from uses it with the wrench. Reports it slack tends with almost no friction like a mechanical but still engages quickly when you need it. It is sort of like a Distel but there is a lot going on with extra tucks at the bottom. I can’t really give it a good test on my lanyard. I might try it with my Hitchhiker some day but I am very happy with my Innovation hitch now.

Richard Mumford’s company is “Climbing Innovations” hence the name. The innovation hitch is at the end of this video.
Fortunately Richard provided a table of contents with links so you can go right to it. It was designed for the hitchhiker but it might work well for other systems also.

Split tail with Blake's, that's where I started. Check out the Hitch Climber setup, good progression.

The HitchClimber gave me problems with my setup. That was my detour chasing my tail. It's a great pulley, and I can use it, but I have to set it up more like a traditional pulley. This is speaking of my mrs system. In srs, it works great as intended.

BTW, on my new saddle, I footlocked my last microclimb Friday, but my hitch wouldn't advance. It was a short climb, and I didn't feel like fooling with it, so I just manually advanced it, and figured I'd think about it later. I thought about it later, and realized what my problem was. I'm new to a rope bridge, so I thought it would be a great idea to tie my anchor to the ring, and put the moving side on a biner clipped to the rope. Keep everything nice and separated, and it'll work great! Well, not so much. Since the two ends weren't on a fixed anchor point, my biner on the moving side would just fall down the rope bridge, and not advance the hitch. Live and learn...

Back