Predator 2008

• Thread starter Rotax Robert
  • Start date
  • Replies 96
  • Views 11K
R

Rotax Robert

From here I will re-post pics from 2007 as well as everything new in 2008. so be patient and give me time. The new season starts on may 10th in Sequim Wa. Also the Predator will debut in Hotrod magazine in the June issue which comes out in the middle of may. Sorry I cannot post those pics yet as I have an agreement with hotrod that I cannot use the pics until after July.

Here is this years crew. From left to right. Kieth Hill, Cowboy Sean, Rotax Robert and Kevin Lyons. Dale Smith (not pictured) he pussed out due to the weather.

Attachments

• predatorcrew.jpg
    predatorcrew.jpg
    708.1 KB · Views: 36
Sure enjoy learning about the PREDATOR!

Thanks for posting, the TH also had a discussion on how you guys sharpen your chains for competition.

Do you file down the straps, and do those other things to your chains? Or is it all engine power?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure enjoy learning about the PREDATOR!

Thanks for posting, the TH also had a discussion on how you guys sharpen your chains for competition.

Do you file down the straps, and do those other things to your chains? Or is it all engine power?

I put race angles on the teeth and adjust raker height but do not touch the chassis of the chain. We have more power than the chain can take and it would certainly break should we tamper with the chassis/frame of the chain.

Saw your truck at the Waterin hole in Cumberland this afternoon woulda stopped by but had to get the wife home to go to work. Its bean a while.

thanks, I would really like to see that saw in action and shake your hand.

Maybe some day I will get up to Washington...

Sweet. Looking forward to Sequim in May....it'll be my last one.

Sweet. Looking forward to Sequim in May....it'll be my last one.

Then you will have to lift with me Jeff. Don't forget Bekkevars private party at the end of the season, tons of cuts to do there.

You can count on me being there to lift with you. Done deal.

Dave's party is in August right? I'll be out of the state in June. I missed last year's party....my invite must have gotten lost in the mail. :whine:

In actuality, Dave doesn't know me from Adam. Kinda one of those, "I know him, but he doesn't know me," type of thing.

Hey Hotsaw Bobby! You got ya a Royal Flush chain on that thing?

OK. I am back now!

I releave you from this duty now!
It is only fair we share the burden.
I can hold the title a week or so now!

:lol:

BUMP, First show of the year May 10th Sequim Wa. be there.

Hey Rotax good to see ya. Ill prolly make Deming and Buckly.

1st Race

Rotax here, but just barley or hopps....loooooooong weeeeeeeeend. The mighty Predator took first, but not buy much. We did not make a great cut, and it damn'd near cost us.

29" dia. fir (hard).. the fooking thing was shaaacking our teeth out in the cut. That would be akin to you southern folks loosing 4 or 5 generations.

Just the same, the Mighty PREDATOR took 1st.

I'll fill in the blanks later for the the small saws, where our old freind "Art" and Kevin showed there stuff, and OHHHH YEAHHH, they stuffffffed them, including me. I'll throw a link when it loads.

I wish I could've made it. It's only five minutes from my house, but I had previous work engagements. :(

Way to go RR. I wouldn't expect any less from ya! ;)

Took some time off on vacation, I'll try and get the vids to load from Sequim. For those who get HOTROD magazine check out the July issue which came out about 2 days ago. They did a great story on the Predator.

Havent got my issue of HotRod yet. Pretty cool, to have something you have built featured there......On another note, did Kevin to the left of you spill his beer or wet his pants....:D

Last edited:
Congratulations.
Yall aint been dinking any beer now have you ?
I meen drinking.
Id love to see that bad boy run up close some day.

Back