Predator 2007

• Thread starter Rotax Robert
  • Start date
  • Replies 407
  • Views 36K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:occasion1:

Will you be challenging the world record with this or perhaps it has been taken??
Last I know it was a Aussy guy with a Bike saw...

Perhaps it is diffrent classes?

Oops.. Revealing my low knollege of the subject here...

Magnus, I am pretty sure the Predator owns the worlds record with a 0.88 second thru a 30" log as well as the second fastest with a 0.94 these are the only sub 1 second cuts I have ever seen. The Aussy guy ( Gary's Iron Horse ) raced in cooma australia in the open class and not unlimited. I am sure though that Mike Forrester from the USA has the worlds record in 1 cut with a Cahoon 500cc honda in 27" wood. They have many records including cold start, hot start, one cut, three cuts as well as every size of wood and species known. All are very fast though.

My hat is of to you and the Predator!

I knew you had very fast times and that there was diffrent classes, but that is about as much as I knew!

I am impressed evry video I see of these unlimetid saws and I have yet to see one that impress as much as yours aand the unbeateble gestyre "Yes" with a bit of a nod on the head when cut is done.

I look forward to meet you andsee hear and smell this wonderful mashine up close!

Hotrod Magazine

Finaled everything today with Hotrod magazine, they are sending up a camera crew on the 26th of this month to take video and stills for I think the march issue. I'll keep you all posted

I see how it works around here, I leave for a few days and everything falls apart. No worrys though, I will ask MB to keep this thread sticky'd and will go back and replace pics, videos etc. This may even give me a chance to clean-up the thread and get rid of all the lies and BS which should down size this thread to a about one paragraph.

Saturday is still on with Hotrod magazine so I should have new pics and video.

Been getting a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttts of support, You guys and gals are great. I am getting on a bird here in about 4 hours. I'll ask my friends who Top those trees and those who fell them; when your up there or out there and dancing with the angels , give one for (Robert Anderws Sr) MY DAD

Rotax is Back

Well it was a bad week last week but this cat is back.

We did the deal for Hotrod magazine last Saturday and we sent them boys away with some real big smiles and a few great stories. I'll keep you posted as to which issue it will be in. I get to posting again more when I get caught up with work as well as catching up on all the missed posts.

Glad your home safe, sent you a PM, with the new address. You need anything, give me a yell, you got my number.
See Ya
Mike

When you get bored you can repost some pics! :P

Yuppers...they are comming. I'll start soon.

Doing a bunch of catching up. Just want you guys and gals to know that I am sending my wife away...:lol::lol::/: but only for one night to test drive a prospective horse, she darn well better ride it back like ole "clarke & lewis" did or I'll be mad.

be in touch soon

Hotrod Magazine

Last week we did a shoot for hotrod magazine which should be in the June issue. I worked a deal where I get all the photos they took but can not share them until 1 month after the issue, either that or they don't get to use the pics. The pics turned out great and are in a super high format so that I can do pretty much anything with them like posters, etc.

They wrote a great story about the saw which I will share some of as a sneek preview.

PREDATOR UNLIMITED HOTSAW HOTROD MAGAZINE JUNE-08

For most people, it’s probably hard to imagine why anyone would want to build a V-8 powered chainsaw. After all, it’s grossly overpowered, it’s completely impractical, and it burns high-octane fuel exclusively. It costs a lot of money to build and maintain, and the vast majority of the parts must be custom-fabricated. In other words, it’s just like any other hot rod.
44-year old Robert Andrews is a native of the Pacific Northwest, which is famous for two things: incessant rain, and big trees. As a result, logging isn’t just a job for many of the folks in this area, it’s a way of life; a chainsaw isn’t just a tool, it’s who you are.
So in the winter months, instead of building hot rods to go drag racing with in the summer, people like Robert are building “Hot Saws” –purpose-built chainsaws designed specifically for logging competitions, where the first saw through section of log wins. It’s drag racing for chainsaws.
In these competitions, the Top Fueler of the sport is the Unlimited Hot Saw, which can be powered by anything you want, as long as two men can lift it—and that’s the only rule. The quickest of the bunch can cut through a 30-inch diameter log in just over one second.
Having competed for years with various stock-bodied saws like a 20-hp, alky-burning Stihl (say “steel”) 088, Husqvarna 3120 and a monstrous 70-hp 325 cc Rotax, Robert finally made the decision to step up to the big leagues in the spring of ’01. “My Rotax was too big for the 6-cubic inch and over category, but not big enough to compete in Unlimited with the V-6 and V-8 powered saws,” Andrews explains. “So after my last third-place finish with the Rotax, I walked back into the stands where my wife, Ronda, was sitting, and she asked me, ‘Why don’t you have one of those big saws?’ That’s when I decided to build The Predator.”
As you might have gathered, The Predator isn’t the first V-8 hot saw ever built; by Andrews’ best recollection, that honor goes to a couple of boys nicknamed “The Hernia Brothers” (for obvious reasons) who debuted a 700+ lb., iron-block, 307-inch Chevy-powered hot saw about 25 years ago. However, as of this writing, the Predator is still the baddest. In the last two years, Andrews says it’s been beaten only once, and that was when it broke the chain.
The Predator is a lot like a drag car in that it requires a warm up procedure, and it even has a pit crew. “We have a lot more fun than drag racers, though,” says Andrews. “We drink beer all day and only work for 1.2 seconds.”

Predator Unlimited Hot Saw Quick Specs

Overall weight: 509 lbs.
Engine: 1963 Buick 215 V-8, aluminum block and heads
Built by: Birl Pierotti
Stroked? Yes
Horsepower: 300+
Torque: 300+
Oiling system: Owner-built custom, relocated pick-up
Crank: Stock, Magnafluxed, oil holes chamfered
Rods: Proprietary
Pistons: Wiseco forged
Compression ratio: 11:1+
Fuel: Sunoco 114
Fuel pump: Holley Red
Cam: Ron Iskenderian, custom ground
Heads: Stock, oversize valves
Ported: Yes
Intake manifold: Stock, ported
Carburetor: Predator variable venturi
Ignition: MSD 6AL
Headers: Custom by owner, 1.5-inch primary
Instruments: AutoMeter tach with playback, AutoMeter water temp, oil pressure. Oil pressure warning light.

Utah Bound

I will be in West Jordan Utah just south of salt lake city for a couple of days. So if there is anybody who would like to meet for a few drinks I plan on parking my butt on a barstool at the local eagles club or another establishment where one can inbibe a bit. PM Gas71, cedarkerf or fishkillsthingswithwood for my cell #:drink::drink::drink:

The Predator Stable

Well, we added one more horsepower to the Predator stable. How much does it cost to add 1 horsepower you ask? around 12K meet "Merlot"

Attachments

• merlot%20pose.jpg
    merlot%20pose.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 62
Nice paint job! Take your trip was a success. Hope you didn't miss the gray rain while you were gone.

That's a big damn horse! I love horses, and that looks like a fine one.

Rotax, that pic makes the pony look built like a tank. is it a cutting horse? with a name like Merlot I would suppose its a dressage horse.

Back