Predator 2007

• Thread starter Rotax Robert
  • Start date
  • Replies 407
  • Views 37K
Now Rotax, you've told me before, but I forget (and I've had a few beer-o's tonight): That's a 066/088, right? Or is it 084/088? I seem to remember them being different saws. How do you match them? The 660's powerband resides at a differnt place (RPM) than the 880's.

I promise, I won't ask again....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
These were 088 kd and a 046 kd I have ran 088/084 and 088/066 also. Never lost this race yet with any combination.

Rotax

How do you match them? RPM's? Can you use 7 or 8 pin rims to help tune them?

I knew they were KD's. I got that part right!

These pics Rotax....I'm already pumped for Sequim next year!

Heh that pic stolen from Rb, is there actually a guy in the back there taller than Gary?:O

Yup, that would be "Tractor Dave" my identical twin brother from another mother. He stands about 7' 1" or so. Hell of a lift partner. I just get tired of digging the postholes that he has to stand in when we cut. :roll:

Rotax

Tractor Dave

Hmmmm, can't find the right pic right now but here is one I posted a page or 2 ago. Behind the girl running the Harley saw facing you is Tractor Dave and on the right of the screen behind the Predator is one of my lift partners Kevin who is 6' 1". Yessireee, he is a BIG man.

Rotax Robert

Fishhuntcutwood

Now Rotax, you've told me before, but I forget (and I've had a few beer-o's tonight): That's a 066/088, right? Or is it 084/088? I seem to remember them being different saws. How do you match them? The 660's powerband resides at a differnt place (RPM) than the 880's.

I promise, I won't ask again....

Jeff, I have ran these double-enders for a while. 088/046 on above quote

I started with a 088 kd/ 084 rr (ken dunn) (rotax robert)
for the first few years.

The next couple years was a 088 kd/ 066rr "no pipe on 066".

Last year I ran a 088 kd/ 046 kd

None of the above saws match eachothers power band nor do they have too. I found that a dead match is actualy a hinderance, they need to compliment eachother. ie: A speed demon saw on pipe can be helped by a good muffler'd saw, as an example.

On my setups I am putting a saw with a boatload of hp with a saw that has a truckload of torque, and yes you can sprocket up or down to compliment what you are trying to achieve. I can't give all my secrets here as Gas71 will run and tell all the Buckley boys.

I will say though that when a 088/046 setup hands a pair of 090's thier A$$ something is going right. Wait till they see my 088kd/3120kd double-ender.

Rotax Robert

I'm 6'5" and don't have to look up to talk to many men... But Tractor Dave is one of them. :)

Gary

6'5" / 5'6" whats the diff.

Big Friggin Deal, I am only 18 inches short of 7 feet :D

Rotax

:lol: At some time or other in my life I'm gonna have to make it down to one of your guy's shows sounds like a blast!:thumbup:

How to carry a chainsaw

This saves the old back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE1YGr6ylbY

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HE1YGr6ylbY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HE1YGr6ylbY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

A few more chip

Here's a few chips being made

Rotax, what are the odds of me running that saw at Sequim next May after the show?

Say "no" and it's cool. I totally, entirely understand a man's saw is a man's saw, but I figger'd I'd ask. I've never run a piped saw. I was going to run RB's piped 5100 last year, but never got around to it.

If you're gonna be at Sequim, I'm gonna hit you up for a run on the Termite...ya know, so I can objectively compare the two V8's. ;)

If you're gonna be at Sequim, I'm gonna hit you up for a run on the Termite...ya know, so I can objectively compare the two V8's. ;)

No sweat... Robert's will be faster. However... we are tryin' a few things that will hopefully put us a little faster next year.

I might even have a "stock" type hot saw to compete with next year too.

Gary

Next year will be my last year before I transfer, so I might just run for the helluvit.

Back