Power Line/Mulberry

• Thread starter fishhuntcutwood
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 5K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have a polesaw/polepruner Jeff?

No but I'm gonna....

I've got the Stihl trimmer where I can convert it to a pole saw, but it ain't buying the head for one cut.

Do you need to borrow my pole head?? I ain't using it much as I bought the big Echo and am going to be using the trimmer more this season .....
You would however be better off with a pole saw/ pruner with a fiber glass or wooden pole.

Or a stepladder and a pair of loppers (don't cut the wire). For that you could probably find something in the garage or borrow from your next door neighbor. ;)

Just get a cheap Corona polesaw from Lowes and return it when you're done. They'll take anything back...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL!

Nah, actually I can get to the main branch standing on a short ladder and do that with my handsaw. I'll hop on a taller ladder and lop the overhanging runners off. Should be a snap.

"SHOULD" be easy. This is why I asked. I've never worked with power lines (I'm a timber guy, so power lines are usually the last of my considerations) I didn't know if I'd get up there and it could arc to my ladder or saw, of if the tree itself would conduct when I cut the branch and it fell onto the the line or whatever. Like I say, you see all the time where someone did a dumbass manuever, but at the time it seemed like a good idea to them.

Back