Our New Forum - Does everything look OK?

It's ok again tonight.:scrambleup:

Last night I clicked my link for the old TreeHouse to look for a picture and it had changed to the same as here, except smaller.

When I came back here it was smaller and all the old stuff is here, even those links. Last week when I posted those links in Jays thread it was the old site. :scratch:

Well one link works but my thread and my pictures have gone.

Last edited:
Today when I click to see new posts to a thread, it opens to the top of the last page rather than to the first new post on that page. FWIW.

I get that once in a great while, not often enough it's a bother to me, but frequently it would be really annoying!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't forget you can change the skins - scroll down, bottom left dropdown bar.

What archive?

Bottom of each page, right side. Links to a list of old threads, each of which can be opened in a simple text format or can be expanded to the original format. I don't think there is a way to search it, but I may be mistaken. I'm just about positive the standard search function does not look there.

Anyone ever have the situation that when you are replying to a post, suddenly the page will go back to the previous page, usually the 'what's new' page for me. If I forward to the page I was typing on, whatever I have written is lost. It has happened a number of times. Could be some glitch in my new computer. The page I'm replying on seems unstable for some reason.

Do you have a new mouse with extra buttons for extra functions? I have a 5 button mouse and the two extra buttons on the sides are set up for 'page back' and 'page forward'. Are you accidentally hitting the 'page back' button on the new mouse?

All good here also still may be problem with home page and links to treehuggers, saws, ect. the links in the bottom right box. Gives me page not available.
Like Jay it may be my computer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah, some of that is corrupt and I need to clean up. Probably not your computer.

It does seem that the problem is with my keyboard, pressing delete takes me back sometimes, when just wanting to erase a letter. Some things to still figure out.

Anyone ever have the situation that when you are replying to a post, suddenly the page will go back to the previous page, usually the 'what's new' page for me. If I forward to the page I was typing on, whatever I have written is lost. It has happened a number of times. Could be some glitch in my new computer. The page I'm replying on seems unstable for some reason.

I had something like that happen after the change over, I always use Go Advanced when replying now. You can leave and search something and come back and your post is still there.

But you have an Apple, so who knows. Maybe rangerdanger.:)

Steve, I use a new tab if I have to go look something up on the forum while composing a post. I'm less likely to screw it up that way.

I figured out the problem of the browser moving.. The mac wireless mouse has a feature where if you slide your fingers across the surface horizontally one way or another, the browser goes back or forth. What will they think of next?

Back