Our New Forum - Does everything look OK?

I dunno, but it's happened to me a few times now and I've seen it in other peoples posts? No biggie, just being a nitpicker is all. The new House kicks ass!

It might be an issue with how your browser is rendering the page? I'm using Firefox and have not seen it in anybody's posts, including posts where they say there's a repeated word.

That would be my posts, I mentioned it before. Lol I'm not even sure what my 'browser' is. Internet explorer? Some outdated sh-t I'm guessing.

I've noticed the repeated word thing in other's posts as well. Squishey just did it again.

If you click on the 'What's new'? button, and go down the page to the Ryker Bjorn Neilson thread, does anyone else see that the last poster, canadiantreeman, has no button after his name to link to his post? It's been like that for a day or two here. Strange.... I've noticed this oddity on occasion before.

Jay, that arrow only takes you to the last post in the thread. This doesn't help you much if there has been more than one reply in the thread since you last looked at it. Try clicking the blue 'down' arrow in front of the thread title, it will take you to the first unread post in the thread.

And I don't have a long list of unread posts, I'm all caught up. :)

Thanks Brian, I usually use the last post button in the evening, since generally there aren't a lot of posts when I get home. I forget to use the one you pointed out. I just thought the one thread there with no link to the last post was odd.

Could do that, but what is weird, I seem to remember that glitch after canadiantreeman's name before, like it us particular only to him...might be mistaken though.

Maybe because his name is so long that it runs off the space allotted?
If you'll notice on my screenshot, I use a larger font setting so the time of the last post isn't legible because it runs off the column.

You nailed it! That's why Treedimensional only shows part of the button. There should be a cautionary on screen name lengths. I think 14 letters is the max, without the length interfering.

Jay,
Hold down the 'Ctrl' key and then roll your mouse wheel up and down to adjust the font size until you can see everything. :)

Damn....I didn't think anybody uses a bigger font than myself, and my screen is very small.

I wish there was an opthamologist in the house, my eyes are deteriorating. :(

Back