Our New Forum - Does everything look OK?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Anyone notice any bugs/whatnot? If a page loads off center or cut off looking, don't forget to use the compatibility view tab, up by the refresh button.

I can't get the who's online to work, it was functioning before than it stopped. Perhaps Peter's working on stuff, but I highly doubt that. They're sleeping in New Zealand at the moment.

The calendar has stopped at 2009, that's another. So, for when he goes to work later...

1) Who's Online 2) Calendar 3)

Last edited:
How about a darker blue to match the old forum? I know, not really a bug.

Taking shape, Butch!

I am totally computer illiterate, so it's gonna take me forever to get used to this.
One thing: is there a " new posts" thingie somewhere?

If not, could one be installed?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I found it.
Not quite as illiterate as I thought.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
True, anyone that joined the TH or was made an Elder since we left here will have to have that fixed.

When reading a thread, MasterBlaster's green dot says you are on line.

Going to the "Forum" page, if you let your cursor hover over MasterBlaster's name it says you are offline.

Can't be both at the same time.

So far, the green dot has been correct.

The smilies are there, just like always. You have to click the 'Go Advanced' button down at the bottom right to go to the reply page with the full editor. There have never been smilies listed on the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread page.

I'm used to the old stuff, give me a bit to figure it all out, thanks Brian.
Ahhhh, kind of a PITA, but I'm betting it now:lol:

Been trying out the advanced search function...doesn't seem to work consistently, unless I'm too dumb to figure out how to make it go where I want it to, which is a very real possibility.

It probably is no big deal to you Butch, because it would appear that you never look back. Lots of us do, and that is rather difficult the way things stand now.

I'm not bitchin', just answering your question from my perspective.

Not a bug, but what about the old header instead of vBulletin?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How about a "today's posts" button? Probably there is one and I'm just not finding it.

Not a bug, but what about the old header instead of vBulletin?

We're still a work in progress, gentleman. My boy Peter's working on the portal page and rotator at the moment. SteveBullman can fix the unread post things when he logs on.

Im here guys. I found the place. I got lost twice and had to ask directions. Where's the bathroom?

"today's posts", not "new posts"...different list, Stephen.

You're right, Burnham. The forum has the capability of generating the list but there is no link readily available right now. If you click on the 'new posts' link and there are no new posts, you get a response that says you may look at all the posts from the last 24 hours here.

Back