Ok, NoCal...

• Thread starter Banned by Squirrels
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 9K
Congrats on the move, but ya know what we need don't you? PICS!8)

FNG's always forgetting the important stuff.

No, it is a C61 which means that it is a limited specialty and then tree service is a D49, so for classification it reads like this C61/D49. So on that web page that I linked you to you click on the hypertext (43 different licensing classifications) and then you scroll down to C61 and click on that and then all the limited specialties come up and Tree service is D49.

go for the C-27. That way you can do anything related to the landscape. Gives you more options

As I understand it even if you have the C-27 you are supposed to have the D-49 classification as an additional classification and then you are good to go for everything. I just checked the license of our local large landscape and tree service co. and they have the two mentioned above and 3 more classes, a general building, a concrete, and a earthmoving and paving class.

C27 - Landscaping Contractor
A landscape contractor constructs, maintains, repairs, installs, or subcontracts the development of landscape systems and facilities for public and private gardens and other areas which are designed to aesthetically, architecturally, horticulturally, or functionally improve the grounds within or surrounding a structure or a tract or plot of land. In connection therewith, a landscape contractor prepares and grades plots and areas of land for the installation of any architectural, horticultural and decorative treatment or arrangement.

No, Steve. A c-27 allows any work outside the home. your local large landscape and tree co. are idiots.

I say 'idiots' because they obviously are attempting to C.Y.A., by getting overlapping certs.
This mentality pisses me off because what it does is set a precedent. So even tho the actual governing body is clear about it, some lawyer will point to this company and say, "they did it, so you should too".

This issue of contractors lic. has two main points about it. One I agree with, in that a lic. contractor is aware and bound to, certain levels of professionalism.
The other, is revenue enhancement. Prehaps even more important in the states eyes.
The state will never discourage multiple licences as each lic. bought, means 'mo money for the state.

my license will allow me to prune and remove trees, build a house, pour concrete. it wont allow me to plant trees and shrubs :roll:

I'm just trying to be compliant and as usual it's not all that clear.

What exactly is not clear? :?

C27 - Landscaping Contractor
A landscape contractor constructs, maintains, repairs, installs, or subcontracts the development of landscape systems and facilities for public and private gardens and other areas which are designed to aesthetically, architecturally, horticulturally, or functionally improve the grounds within or surrounding a structure or a tract or plot of land. In connection therewith, a landscape contractor prepares and grades plots and areas of land for the installation of any architectural, horticultural and decorative treatment or arrangement.

oh, thats here to. landscapers can work on trees up to 15 feet tall and so many inches dbh

I checked and Frans is absolutely right. With a C-27 Landscaper license there are no restrictions for doing tree work. I'm thinking about changing mine and getting that one.

I checked and Frans is absolutely right.

Uh huh! Uh huh! Thats right, I be the man, uh huh. Bow down before the one you serve, uh huh, uh huh :big-dance2:

--sorry, lost my head there for a second, now back to your regularly programmed session....8)

Last edited:
Back