Ok, NoCal...

• Thread starter Banned by Squirrels
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 9K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well plutonium has that effect on a lot of things...

:lol: Are you still excited to move there? I still say it looks like a beautiful place, you gonna be wake riding? I love wakeboarding good times!

Yeah, I'm cool with it. I do have to work (A little) though, and I was pushing for something not quite so rural.... But hey what the hell, we got an incredible place for the price of a shithole here...

Yeah, I'm cool with it. I do have to work (A little) though, and I was pushing for something not quite so rural.... But hey what the hell, we got an incredible place for the price of a shithole here...

Drop me a PM when you get settled. Maybe a rec. climb would be good.

I shot 3 of them, only 1 going over 100 lbs. It the deer here. I grew up in Patterson which was really close to the coastal mountains and the deer there were all messed up. They used to migrate from the hills down to the San Joaquin river for the summer and when they put in the Delta-Mendota canal in the late 1950's it cut them off. So now you had to go 10 miles into the hills before you saw any deer and then they caught Blue Tongue. The biologists think it was brought in with some infected cattle. I haven't hunted them in 24 years. I feel like we should let the numbers rebound some before we start and I'm getting too old and lazy anyway.

i dont think they are managed well down there, fewer tags would be good but i wouldnt stop hunting

Yeah, you are probably right. The place where we used to hunt used to cut off hunting on labor day as the owner didn't want any hunting during the rut.

its rut now here and i went out this morn!! heard a buck stomping and snorting but couldnt get sight of him

Hey everyone, we are here! It's a really nice house on the lake, (anyone need mooring?) Just getting a feel for the place having only been here one full day but I do see a lot of trees and a lot of bad pruning so I think there is room for a FNG round these parts.

Wish me luck!

Good luck Mark! Glad to hear you all got there safe and sound. Let us know how things go.

Back