Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Gone to Suckerfest for the next 5 days or so...arriverderci.

I bought a Ouistiti and Simba by Petzl...hope to get some young'uns to try them out.

Burnham. We caught Corpus Christi on the coldest day of the year I think. Wore my coat for first time since I had left ND. It was different and interesting. Found a real nice Japanese garden in San Antonio in one of the parks, Built in the early 40's so they had to rename it Chinese, since it was not cool to be Japanese then. They later renamed it Japanese to give credit where it was due. Beach did have a lot of junk, but no more than most river banks in the midwest.

It doesn't have to be all that cold for it to feel very much so, right on the water with a wind.

Hope you had a good time, Bob. Did you find some good Tex-Mex food in SA, or seafood in Corpus?

Had the seafood, crabs and shrimp, at Joe's Crab Shack in Galveston. Had a real good time. Now know where to visit when we take a more leisurely visit at a later date.

Live oaks are like nothing we have here. Fantastic trees.
Cursed Voice/Stephen took me out to climb one 3 years ago.
What a tree. More orientated horizontally than vertically:)

I would have some serious fun in this tree... Nice oak!

attachment.php

Me and the boy are heading out for a little camping trip, back Sunday for Easter supper! See y'all!

My lousy father never took me or my brother camping, not once. Pass a good time now, eh!!! :rockon:

My old man never took us camping either.
Took my kids, though ... good times ... well, once at -10º F, my son said: "Dad, I'm not doing this again 'til I forget how awful it is." :lol:
He forgot ... now he takes is son. Let the good times roll, Paul! :)

Last edited:
That's a bummer Butch. I love camping and both my son and daughter have been several times with me. They're two and four. Gotta love a campfire and sticky marshmallows before sleeping bag time. We camped three weeks ago in the front yard because my boy said " Let's go camping Dad."

Have a blast Paul.

Its Saturday, me and the boy are headed out camping for the night, taking my 8 year old nephew too. See ya!

Back