Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
We leave tomorrow for Redfish, Lake and some much needed RR. Both of Haley's Grandmas will be on this trip which will be interesting.

Paul, that sounds like fun. I was just in Portland a couple of weeks ago. Its a pretty spot. Haley and I really enjoyed the submarine tour at the OMSI museum. We also thought the waterfalls in the Columbia River Gorge were cool but that's a little way out of town. If I wasn't already taking some days off I'd pop on over.

Just got back from Columbia SC.
Go Gamecocks!

Family wedding, all the cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and etc...

Fun stuff.

Spent about 1000 bones with flight, hotel, drinks and food.

Attachments

• S.Carolina 005.JPG
    S.Carolina 005.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 3
  • S.Carolina 017.JPG
    S.Carolina 017.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 3
  • S.Carolina 018.JPG
    S.Carolina 018.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 4
  • S.Carolina 025.JPG
    S.Carolina 025.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 4
  • S.Carolina 032.JPG
    S.Carolina 032.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 3
  • S.Carolina 024.JPG
    S.Carolina 024.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 4
Well dudes, tomorrow morning I grind some stumps and then I'm off camping for the weekend. Enderby river. 8)

See Brian I do actually use the camper........occasionally.:P

Wish I was going camping....

I'm off to Yokohama tomorrow to show my face at an exhibition of my furniture that is going on at a gallery near there.....ride the trains and jostle with the millions. The nice thing is that I'll be staying at a hot spring inn, and I know this cool German restaurant above a train station.

In a days time I'll be off for California for 3 weeks.
Going to climb some big trees, visit some treehousers and teach karate.
The two guys I work with will be going with me for the treeclimbing part of the trip. They have never been to Cali before, so watching their faces when they see their first giant tree will be priceless.

I guess there will be about 6 gazillion posts for me to read through when I get back.

I hope you have a grand time, Stig. RRR is a super nice place to stay and it sounds like you'll have some good company as well. :thumbup:

heading out Friday morning for this little trip, meeting a long term bud (we have been going to this lake most years since about 1987) and his wife & their little guy for the long weekend. Staying in a 2 bedroom log cabin and coming home Monday. Its about a 5.5 hour drive without kids, last year we did it in about 7 hours with Bub stops included. :) I am getting revved up for it, I could use some time away from the daily grind etc.
http://www.evergreenfishingresort.ca/

it sounds like a no. The lake is about 25 minutes off the highway, unlikely there is anything better than dialup. First resort on the lake, cabin 8. :Dcell phone no workie either. here is a pic:

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 3
thanks eh. leaving friday morning. emailed the hosts and there is wifi in the main cabin. :D it wont reach where I am staying but its a fairly short walk with the laptop to get there. wont be around much but I might just check in.

Taking off this morning to ride down to Carbondale on the bike for the weekend. Only about 700 miles round trip. My brother is still finishing up his masters down there so I have full intentions of wearing out my welcome by Monday :) Ridin' down with one of my best buds and some of my old roommates are meeting me there. I plan on having a cocktail or 50. Have a good weekend everyone :)

Back