Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Glad to see ya made it back to warm-land with no trouble, B.

By the way, Conan the Destroyer passes along a howdy!

:lol:

so... ya having eggplant parmesan for supper, er whut? ;)

Dangit, Erik.... I just caught this one!

I was attempting to be a good Catholic for once.... :lol:

Eggplant just sounded good! :P

Going to Germany for a couple of days.
We can't get good pickles in Denmark, the russian/polish style ones, made by malo-lactic fermentation. So my wife and I are going to make a pickles run and bring home 100+jars. Should keep us in pickles for a while.
On the way, we'll go to the Wattenmeer, the marshland and tidepools on the north sea coast to look at birds. We should be in time to catch the tail-end of spring migration.
A veritable shitload of geese, ducks and waders+ the raptors preying on them. If we are lucky, we'll see the barnacle geese on their way to Siberia and Svalbard.

Attachments

• bramgæs.jpg
    bramgæs.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 3
We get pickled pickles and lotsa other pickled veggies from my mom's in law, she is Polish. :)

Going to Germany for a couple of days.
We can't get good pickles in Denmark, the russian/polish style ones, made by malo-lactic fermentation. So my wife and I are going to make a pickles run and bring home 100+jars. Should keep us in pickles for a while.
On the way, we'll go to the Wattenmeer, the marshland and tidepools on the north sea coast to look at birds. We should be in time to catch the tail-end of spring migration.
A veritable shitload of geese, ducks and waders+ the raptors preying on them. If we are lucky, we'll see the barnacle geese on their way to Siberia and Svalbard.

Stig , I am going to the tree show in Augsburg Germany on the 22nd. You ever been to that show? I thought Germany amongst other things is known for Beer, I might get a little pickled myself.

http://www.forum-baumpflege.de/index.php?content=willkommen&FBID=a5c34cacf20c590bf4360194d1e0a4db

I haven't been there yet, but we have talked about doing it sometime, for our yearly company " fun and education" day.
German beer is good, if you like beer on the hoppy side.
Enjoy!

Stig, German beers may be hoppy compared to what you're used to, but they've got nothing on American microbrews. Breweries are hop crazy over here!

HOPJUICE.jpg

I'm off for the next week down to FS Bay area with my wife to look in on her parents...MIL just had 90th birthday this spring!

I won't be online until Thursday next week.

Behave, now!
:D

Not exactly a vacation...more like familial duty, but we'll try to make time for a romp on the beach on the way home.

Back