Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
have fun you fellers!

Note. Anyone on the travel route or in LJ's town, lock up your daughters! :D

off to the beach.......first family vacation in 4 years:O Hope the fish are biting.Or the waves are kicken'. Bringing my laptop so I don't detox from the treehouse.:|:.....

sheesh burnham your gonna give me a complex:D thats it im ordering a road block to search all vehicles for felling wedges!!

We voted today by 87% to strike at midnight, then our govenor steps in with a federal mediator to put a stop to it. In my opinion, this no good so and so has no right nor the power to intrude on a bargaining agreement between Boeing and its union members.

Last I checked, she worked for me and not the other way around.
This @%#& has way over stepped her bounds by demanding a 48 hour stay. In fact we have a teacher strike going on right now with our state employed teachers but she will do nothing. Anyway, I still have my vacation planned and saved a boat load of money up for the last 3 years that I can make this a long one if needed.

27,000 strong and not a damn thing getting done till this is resolved.

Hey Robert!
Are you getting back to work any time soon? The sooner you're back at work, the sooner you can goof off and surf the forum on company time! :lol:
And as a side note, a good buddy of mine has taken a bath on his BA stock and I was hoping you might be able to give him some good news. ;)

I am headed down to the family farm in Hahira, GA...homeplace where my mother grew up. We meet with a forester Monday to do an eval of the 44 acres of timber we have there...have to decide what to do with it...thin, select cut, etc.

Then meet with a farm bureau rep to consider what to do with the 26 acres of cultivated field...we currently rent it out for a man to grow cotton...we're considering planting it in pecan trees or pines or .....

My son, grandson and parents are going down, too...wife comes down Wednesday. We'll do T'giving with cousins, et al...ride bikes, shoot some, hike, work and play...oughta be fun.

Not easy to get on the web there...back in the real world in about a week. Y'all be good and have a good holiday.

Early tomorrow morning I am going to St. Simons Island for Thanksgiving. I won't be on line while I am up there, so ya'll have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Gary, have fun and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Thank you, V and Paul...we had great weather overall and a fine time. The furnace didn't work so we heated all week with wood in the small fireplace but that was a nice change, too...I haven't split firewood in a long time.

Steve, we had to eval the trees that are there and decide what to do with them. We will probably timber it in the next year or so and then replant those forest areas with more pine (the trees we have now have been growing on their own for years, without proper management...they will produce pulpwood, chip-n-saw, and some saw timber.) Once we get a proper stand planted we can start managing them (controlled burns, thinning, etc) and have a productive pine forest. We will probably continue to rent out the crop fields...a local farmer grows cotton there.

Holiday time off

Mid-day today is the beginning of my "use or lose annual leave" time off work at the end of the year. I will not be on-line much until the first of the new year...Jan. 5th is my next scheduled workday :P. Gov't slacker that I am :).

I'll try to drop by the library once in a while to check in from their computers, though.

Y'all have a great holiday season and a happy new year to everyone.
;)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours, Burnham...y'all do something fun...and remember to relax, too.

Man,3 weeks off.
I'm not envious, not at all. Not even the tiniest little bit.

Have a nice vacation, Burnham.
Happy holidays to you and Jasper.

Back