Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
We lost a wee itty bitty fire in Joshua Tree. It went from a couple of acres to a couple hundred acres to a couple thousand acres and then it got bigger. It happened so quick, all you could was watch in the safety of the cold burned area. It could burn like that every year.

My Aunt has the Forest Service grazing permit for 50,000 acres in Los Padres. They haven't run any cattle in there for 3 years. Should be ready for a nice big fire.

The LP is rough fire country. There are a lot of places that are solid 25' brush that you cannot get through unless you have a chainsaw and then it is slow going,

The LP is rough fire country. There are a lot of places that are solid 25' brush that you cannot get through unless you have a chainsaw and then it is slow going,

My Aunt's part burned in 1969. I helped them gather their cattle a couple of times. Brutal brush, steeper than hell. Where she lives is by Figueroa Mountain. Nice pictures Reddog. Some of the trails for the cattle to come out on are blasted into the rock by the Forest Service.

I'm out of here for a few days myself, to much work on my plate ,c'ya all..

I am out to night. Leving for Manhatten, Kansas to work for Charly Potorff. Not sure when I will be back....later all

Working for him that cant be helped. Hope I dont get rained out. Hope to get some pics.

I guess i'm not out of here ,just a little less time to spend on here...

Well it's the holiday weekend and I'm off to chill and party for a couple or three days. Little festival called "off the tracks"

http://www.offthetracks.co.uk/

Some cool bands (looking forward to seeing Banco de Gaia again, It's been a few years) and gonna meet up with a few old friends, so a weekend to remember (if I can) :lol:

Speakin' 'o boats, mine's just made San Diego so I'm outta here Tuesday to go and bring 'er down to and thru Panama and 'round up to Texas. Hope I can learn a few things.

Later 'all. Some tree stuff for sale - see Ebay.

Ah ha!! I was wondering where you'd been.....welcome back, Reed!

Back