Off to the Doc

Like Che said-WEAR SUNSCREEN

I second that! Damm good advice even for the youngsters.
I have a hard time wearing sunscreen because when I get sweaty I wipe it all off.
So my alternate is to wear hats with a brim, and stay away from ball caps and shirts without a collar.

Glad to hear you're all fixed up. Take it easy and enjoy the down time.

Glad it went well for you Justin!

My mom has gone through this many times...including the radiation treatments. She's Swedish with light skin that burns easily, my dad is Greek and just tans. I'm hoping I inherited more than just his pig headedness.

The new spray-on sunscreen has been a God send. If you make sure it's the alcohol based clear type, you can just spray it on all exposed areas (spray it on your hands first, then wipe on your face) and get going. No rubbing it in, VERY fast, easy to get on that exact area you're talking about Justin. Great for kids too. Seems to stay on pretty well through sweat.

The new spray-on sunscreen has been a God send. If you make sure it's the alcohol based clear type, you can just spray it on all exposed areas (spray it on your hands first, then wipe on your face) and get going. No rubbing it in, VERY fast, easy to get on that exact area you're talking about Justin. Great for kids too. Seems to stay on pretty well through sweat.

I love that stuff!

My wife is going in for arthiscopy (sp). Torn meniscus. Cant spell those words worth a damm.
She is going in after Jan.
I hear the healing time is very short and they dont put you under for the operation.

Stumper, heal up quick. Looks like they really dug around in there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frans, Your wife should have a much smaller wound than mine. After removal of the tumor I had a surface wound of 3.4 x 2.7 cm. As the Doc explained-most of that was the surface layer of skin-only in the center did he go into the second layer. Given time the wound would have filled in....but as large as it was it would take a while and given my profession it might have been a pain to try to keep clean and covered plus inhibit me getting back to work.
Since it is hard to pill a circular or wide oval hole closed without puckers he actually enlarged the wound and reshaped it and beveled the interior layer of skin so that he could close it up. He used staples because they hold better and I have an active job. Of course then they give you instructions to do no bending or heavy lifting until the staples are removed..... I gather that my surgeon understands the realities of life and knows active, self employed people are not likely to sit around for 2 weeks doing nothing whn they have a minor wound.

My Mom has had this procedure many times, although it's usually the flick of a scalpel... not quite so invasive as what you've had done, Justin.
Way to stay on it >>> Seeing your dermatologist regularly to check stuff is the way to go !
Glad things went well, Stumpinest !!!

Back