Ocean front fir removal

RegC

TreeHouser
Beautiful setting just outside of Sooke, BC. The taller of the two trees was about 150ft at a guess. A very exposed location so we needed calm weather. Use HD setting. Thanks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OdOyOK7MEz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a beautiful ending to a beautiful vid Reg. Man, the Sound doesn't get that wonderful color down here.

Say, did you do something to the tether on your rope-wrench to make it a great deal stiffer. In the vid, at one point, it looked like it didn't even flex at all. Just wondering... one of the guys on here (EMR?) made one out of steel.

Wonderful to watch. Really like seeing the zip line working so smoothly.

What was your beach anchor? A log?

Spellfeller, you are going to love the size of the tops he is working in.:)

Dang Reg!

Are you an artist, an arborist, or both?

One of your best vids yet!

Jomo

What impresses me the most, is not the calm and capable efficiency of your work, it is the time and effort you have put in over the years, to share this. Another great video!

That was nice. Always have that fear/excitement thing when you're not sure there's enough tension in the speed line to clear something. Then it swoops away!

The last chunk clip was awesome! Awesome in general and if that isn't exposed I don't know what is.

Cool. That last shot of the spinning chunk is sweet. What's the scoop? High tide clean up crew?

Great work, Reg, (naturally) and what an awesome view!! Super camera placements, too!
It's close to 50 years since I visited Sooke.......

I first saw your new vid on FB a few minutes ago..... and commented that probably no one there has seen your Blockdriver......:)

Really nice work and a pleasure to watch.

Are you going to Expo - Pittsburgh, Reg?

Heckuva vid, R, thx for sharing all that.

Was your zip line anchored on a chunk of driftwood?? Lol!

The water looks awesome, do you go in much? What kind of sea life have you seen there? That isle has a lot of cougars I hear, seen any of those?

It was I who posted it on climbers online. Its my first post in awhile.
Great work, Reg, (naturally) and what an awesome view!! Super camera placements, too!
It's close to 50 years since I visited Sooke.......

I first saw your new vid on FB a few minutes ago..... and commented that probably no one there has seen your Blockdriver......:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all.

Its just a standard tether Jed. All bunched together on the one carabiner.

The Ground anchor was indeed several driftwood logs slung together.

I think the TIP was just a running bowline with a couple half hitches to finish. The carabiner was just left on there for later.

The fire ban has just about finished, or soon will....so the guy will burn everything where it is.

Roger, I havent seen much of it either in the last 4 years. Im guessing Sooke has changed much either by the looks.

Willie I made sure we were well above that cabin with the zip-line, before I discontinued using the control line. As a rule, and precaution I try to keep the zip lines as steep as possible....but as much as I to relay that message to the groundworkers, they mostly seem to want to extend the line as far as they can and as tight as they can....like its some sort of game. Every tree I say the same thing, let run it only as far as we need to!

Cory the juan de fuca strait is always freezing mate. Looks inviting, but you wouldnt go in without a wetsuit. We had a cougar siting at the end of our street in the park only a couple of weeks ago....so yeah, you need to be a bit wary with kids.

Back