Ocean front fir removal

liked it reg, great job, nice views!
glad your back putting out some vids and hope your business is going good for you ;)

Reg musta made a fortune on that job compared to if he were just the climber subcontractor.:thumbup:

how much did you want to take it in one or maybe a 100'+ top into the surf???? hard to tell from the vid what was down there... that's my idea of a good time... might not have been doable... would have been cool to jump that top out 10 ' or so...

how much did you want to take it in one or maybe a 100'+ top into the surf???? hard to tell from the vid what was down there... that's my idea of a good time... might not have been doable... would have been cool to jump that top out 10 ' or so...

take the top and MURPH IT!!!!!!! ;) ;) lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks again for the acknowledgements guys :thumbup: While the work is hardly ground-breaking....the enthusiasm and encouragement at the treehouse still stands out by a mile!

That water goes deep fast Dano.....and at only 50-60 feet from the tree, a hundred ft top would have been quite a splash! There was no room to aim them diagonal, so straight at the ocean would've been the only way. But then, theres nothing to pull it from....unless you have a huge boat.

We were back there again today. Next tree along was a little shorter, with lesser and smaller limbs. Photo of the top being zipped:

DSC04363.JPG
DSC04365.JPG

sometimes you gotta put on a show....
I;ve been working on a system for creating a high directional pull line when there is no ground anchor available in the desired direction of fall...

on the other hand with that many trees , maybe it would be worth hiring a boat... after they're cut just tow the tops out to sea. ;)

Cool shots again Reg. A old foreman of mine lived in Sooke, Al Kennedy. My last few years on the coast I worked in a camp just north of Tofino, near Ahousat(sp?). I always preferred the southern island, as opposed to places like port Alice and holberg. Lol.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pPOYzc8418w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice Sean... found it from one of your links..

Not what I had in mind though...

It's hard to exactly tell, but it sure does seem like the choice of location for the pull test would get maximum positive results where they are doing it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/csJXmXBi2e0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip to 5:40.

This is about removing an old bolt. This Funkness Device is used in Direct Aid rock climbing for pitons. There is a hammer on the other end.

I use a 5 pound maul, a webbing sling, and just girth hitch it to the t-post, if its really stuck, which usually its not when loaded axially, rather than perpendicularly, as with anchoring a speedline.

Great video, thanks! I'm a speedline novice so good to watch some being done properly.

I did some cliff felling, plopped a bunch of casuarina into the water, went round in a boat later and we towed them into deep water where they sink like a stone...artificial reefs.

Back