O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Denim is tough material I always thought. Cotton does well against sparks and whatever heat one might encounter.
Old denim perhaps, but nowadays most of the denim pants I can see are light weight, thin and not durable. I admit that's good against the accidental heat like the exhausts, but heavy grinding sparks do bore small holes in it though.
One more downside, it's terrible to wear when wet/soaked. Kneeling in the wet grass/leaves to gas the saw ? not a good idea.

I kinda get it. The denim look. I was strongly against chainsaw pants for a long time just because I didn’t like all the bright colors. Just a bit flamboyant for my dress. Of course the denim look tends to take the industry back a few years. I like my ironwoods. They look good and also easily recognizable as saw pants with out being to flashy

Most brands of saw pants now come in subtle muted forest tones...
No excuses!!

I was told years back to purposefully Get Loud colors so that it made the climber easier to see in the tree. Bright lime green is an eye catcher in some climbing pants these days. Bright colors for helmets is a good idea also

I can’t pull off those bright pants colors. I don’t mind a patch of high viz on them but some just draw to much attention. All those bright colors and most saw pants years ago were slim fitting. I chose not to wear them for public safety as well as my own. We can’t be having traffic accidents from women getting distracted while I’m working😆

Might’ve been a mistake when listed, but I got a Buckingham Ergovation for 150$ on Amazon. The next day it was over 600$
It isn’t set up for a bridge yet, but that’ll be changing tonight and I’ll give it a try on a couple little maple removals tomorrow if I get the time to fit it right.
32E55FC6-4701-49B0-A53B-3C719445AA55.jpeg

That's a hell of a deal! I don't think you can get the cheapest American saddle available for $150.

Is that even possible Bermy? Aside from factory theft, I'd expect defective gear would be destroyed on-site.

I can’t imagine Buckingham would let something out the door with their tags on it if it if it’s not right, but sound advice from Bermy, and everything I climb on is inspected every time it’s used.
From what I can tell, it’s as perfect as a new saddle should be, and came in a Buckingham box with a product registration card.

I’m gonna order a few feet of something newer for a bridge, but put it together with an ancient Velocity scrap and some new Rock Exotica Tri-Rig plates I had, then sat in it from a little crab apple in the front yard. The plates are comfy for lanyard positioning too. Comfy so far. I’m stoked I got this together while keeping the higher center tie in spot. Looks handy for ascents... maybe. There’s so many ways to adjust where everything sits. We’ll see tomorrow, but I’ll bring the trusty old TreeMotion along anyways.
978297A1-6EC6-4528-9BFB-D7AA3E7CCE8F.jpeg

Bingo.

The fact that the advertised price changed very shortly after you saw it and ordered makes me inclined to agree that it was just a mistake on the advertisers part.

Seller beware sometimes does happen :).

About 45 years ago I answered an ad for a batch of canoes for sale, part of a half dozen 3 and 4 year old boats that a rental company was getting rid of in line for replacements in their fleet. I didn't have much money at all, but the asking price of $200 each was attractive, so I went over to look. 5 where 17' fiberglass lake boats, nice enough models, probably $500 boats new, aluminum gunnels, thwarts, and seat frames, plastic seats ...but one was a 16' Royalex whitewater model, oak gunnels, thwarts, and seat frames, snowshoe style leather woven seats...new cost would have been closer to $1500 even way back then.

The rental company owner showed them to me, all 6, on his beach...I clarified, "$200 for any of them?"..."Yup", says he. I replied, "I'll take that yellow one, then". $200 cash exchanged, I loaded the boat on my station wagon rack and headed back to my then place of employment and residence...an exclusive residential boy's camp in central New Hampshire, on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Next day, I get called up to the camp office to answer a phone call. It was the canoe rental co. owner. He tells me he made a mistake, that boat was not for sale at that price, he wanted it back, unless I wanted it for $500 more.

You might guess what my answer was :evil:.

That canoe resides in my shed today. That was a good buy :).

Last edited:
Great find, Jonny! I'll be interested in how you like it when compared to the Treemotion.

Mistakes happen.
I bought a bandsaw just before my accident.
The company had a "GREAT SALE:::::::DISCOUNT PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thing going on the model I wanted.
Then I realized their biggest model cost about the same as the smaller one on sale, which simply had to be a mistake.
I was buying with my old woodturning apprentice, we were getting one each.
He has a brother living in Sweden and a sister in Norway, so he had them check the price in both countries.
Yep, the Danish price was set $1000 too low.
So we quickly ordered two of them. :D

Maybe it was eBay I was thinking of, one of those places...there were a batch of harnesses that had been factory rejects that got online for sale...
If you've got full tags and all, probably ok, great find if so!

Back