The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

O.C.G.D. Thread, part two

Marc-Antoine

TreeHouser
Denim is tough material I always thought. Cotton does well against sparks and whatever heat one might encounter.
Old denim perhaps, but nowadays most of the denim pants I can see are light weight, thin and not durable. I admit that's good against the accidental heat like the exhausts, but heavy grinding sparks do bore small holes in it though.
One more downside, it's terrible to wear when wet/soaked. Kneeling in the wet grass/leaves to gas the saw ? not a good idea.

treebilly

Student of the Jedi
I kinda get it. The denim look. I was strongly against chainsaw pants for a long time just because I didn’t like all the bright colors. Just a bit flamboyant for my dress. Of course the denim look tends to take the industry back a few years. I like my ironwoods. They look good and also easily recognizable as saw pants with out being to flashy

pantheraba

More biners!!!
I was told years back to purposefully Get Loud colors so that it made the climber easier to see in the tree. Bright lime green is an eye catcher in some climbing pants these days. Bright colors for helmets is a good idea also

treebilly

Student of the Jedi
I can’t pull off those bright pants colors. I don’t mind a patch of high viz on them but some just draw to much attention. All those bright colors and most saw pants years ago were slim fitting. I chose not to wear them for public safety as well as my own. We can’t be having traffic accidents from women getting distracted while I’m working😆

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!